Model Cars Magazine Forum

What will you be building during the coming Winter months?

• 2 weeks later...

69 Cougar, if I finish it before the end of the month, it'll be #3 for the year (ties last year total)

69 Nova Pro Touring

66 Nova Drag car

58 Vette Stock

Focus on out of the box stuff, for the rest of next year, to get some stuff finished & put a dent, in my unbuilt stash

Jeff

Hopefully finish some drag bodies,

Glidden T-Bird

Superman Firebird

a Monza Funny car

and the 1970 Cutlass Ralley that didn't make the Cannonball start line

a Promod Superbird

and this for my daughter...a Hawkgirl helmet

Very cool. You guys doing just the helmet, or whole costume? Either way, it would be fun to see this modeled on someone after your done. I hope you guys are going for the full costume. As good looking as your helmet is, I'd love to see your wings!

Scott

I'm committed to three things, brushing out the local snowshoeing trails, building a garage "sort of like a diorama" for my grandson's Christmas gift, completing three jewelry boxes for my granddaughters' Christmas gifts, while working on my '34 Chevy. Is it possible to have too many hobbies? My next one was to be a '67 Mustang GTA like my other full size but the fellow making a coupe body (Jeff Ballard) has run into some personal issues and he tells me there will be a bit of the delay. Then I guess I'll attempt to turn the '62 GT Hawk kit I bought into a '64 like the one I once had. The side effect of this one is to build a replica of a '54 Stude I once saw with a Grand National drivetrain & interior using the remainder of the car I'll use for the GT Hawk.The long term plans were to do the other cars I once owned but of the three, possibly only the '31 Model A is feasible, there must be a kit of that somewhere. The '40 Packard 110 sedan and the '47 Olds 78 fastback sedan don't exist as far as I know.

Update: the jewelry boxes are nearing completion. After they're done, more time for models.

Dec920142.jpg

I have the Mustang started and the '34 Chevy coupe. Those are the priorities. Then the Hawk.

Dec420143.jpg

I'm continuing on with my '68 Road Runner. When that's done, there's a '40 Ford, a Dodge Dakota and a Saleen Mustang waiting for paint and final assembly, then a '48 Ford Woodie, then to continue on with an SBD-3 and a '34 Ford Pickup altered. Of course, that could all change at the drop of a hat, or the purchase of another kit, or if I see some "inspiration"... :P

I am currently working on an old Plymouth Volare project that may actually get done this time! Then it would be back to my Trabant postal van since that was my project on the bench when the Volare caught my eye.

I also have a half dozen 'almost done' models that I really should just buckle down and finish. Some of them have an issue I haven't been able to solve, but I find that a bit of time away from it, the next time I look at it, I quickly see the solution. I'm hoping!

I have the Dodge Caravan twins -- the taxi and the CV windowless van that are soooo close, if I could figure out how to make headlight that aren't toylike.

I have a Dodge A100 pickup that I have no excuse for not being done. My Dodge van camper just needs some grunt work to finish it up. Maybe I can get these all done before year end!

I'm currently working on an AMT 50 Chevy pickup, Im going for a weather worn finish on this one which is a first for me, I also have a Revell 57 Chevy Bel Air that has been foiled now (Took an age!), that needs to have the interior sorted and completed, also an AMT Peterbilt wrecker which Ive only built the motor and chassis at the moment that's a very slow ongoing project....but I should get it finished really......if there were more hours in the day !

• 2 weeks later...

Ive recently picked up the Firestone FORD, I have a snap tight Blazer on its way, and I just got my resin Early Bronco. Hopefully though I will be getting a good start on my 1:1 Samurai Rock buggy. I got sick after I got it in the garage and its been on hold (shot kidneys). I start dialysis training on 1-5-15 and the Drs. keep telling me I will feel a lot better (mainly fatigue). Im on the kidney/Pancreas transplant list (have been since 2010) so hopefully that will pan out this year as well (I will have to take a handful of pills twice a day, but no more shots(insulin) and no more kidney problems.

I also have a 69 Torino, a couple of C-Cabs (Little Gasser and Lil Cement Mixer) and a couple other kits started, but something to work on while Im healing up

Hi guys,

You know, after reading most of the replies here, I'm happy to build one model at a time, and do it till it's done. For me, it's a couple of months, but I don't do an everyday thing.

I have further projects in mind, and my next one will be a drag racer, an altered car.

But first I want my 33 Willys painted and finished.

michael

You know, after reading most of the replies here, I'm happy to build one model at a time, and do it till it's done. For me, it's a couple of months, but I don't do an everyday thing.

There are as many ways to build models as there are builders. There are those who are disciplined like yourself who can focus on that one model until completion, then pick out another. There are those who start a lot of things, but never finish anything. And the rest of us falling somewhere in the middle! :)

Update: the jewelry boxes are nearing completion. After they're done, more time for models.

Dec920142.jpg

I have the Mustang started and the '34 Chevy coupe. Those are the priorities. Then the Hawk.

Dec420143.jpg

I hear ya on the jewelry box's Landman,I need to step away from the wood lathe and start

building again.It's been like 6 months since I have touched any plastic.I have a hemi dart,

merc custom,62 pontiac,and a willys gasser in different stages of completion.

Edited by dartman

I've got a MkII Supra Mad Police car I need to finish up. Also, I have Rook Bartley's Alpha Fighter about 1/3 finished. Havn't done anything productive since late August.

That didn't stop me from buying more styrene with my Christmas spoils. I exchanged a dodgy little RC copter at Hobby People (with no receipt!) for a Tamiya Mk4 Supra and 2 tubes of cement. I got the copter at a work gift raffle. It looks like it would be fun for about 10 minutes, till it broke :rolleyes:

Used some Amazon giftcards to get the Revell re-issued 1980 Datsun 4x4 pickup. Then I got the Fujimi MkII Supra and Trueno Corolla from the Togue series. I need to copy parts from the Supra to replicate for the police car.

just started a new project: a Suzuki Cappuccino Mola Sports version (with A-Site!, yeah like I know what that means), a Honda Beat RS-Mach and a Copen Active Top, all Aoshima kits, all curbside. ought to be fairly quick builds, doing them all together for an assembly line efficiency. the Honda has body kit to fit and all need to be lowered. I need some fly wheels and tires and hopefully I can find some that are wider but not a lot taller than whats in the boxes. a quick tour through the tire packs didn't come up with much appropriate, all too wide to fit in the wheel wells without tubbing the chassis (which might be in the offing).

the idea is to replicate a diorama I did a long time ago using vintage mini cars like a Honda S800, Toyota S800 and, it turned out, a Suzuki SS360. all had fairly realistic pilot figures fitted and these current three will too. should be fun and a fun diversion from more nose-to-the-grindstone projects.

heres a pic of the original:

elbDxm.jpg

heres a poor lighting pic of the kits for the new one:

Bfj0hG.jpg

thanks for looking!

jb

After an earlier post from page 2 of this topic, I bit the bullet and got this. After hearing one of our LHS is closing its doors in March I had to go there and confirm it. Well, it's going to happen. Sad but true after 50 years of operation. I could have bought one from Ebay or somewhere else, but wanted to support a local family store that I've been going to for years. I basically got it for the same price anyway. So, aside from building my hobby room(my noisy project), I have a quiet project as well for this winter.

post-9116-0-72442500-1420322161_thumb.jp