Model Cars Magazine Forum

What will you be building during the coming Winter months?

I'll continue building these that have been under progress during the Summer, too. Of course I will probably start some new ones, too and continue other older projects of mine, but at least I should complete these:

'50 Olds Mild Custom.

75ab8269-9ad2-4f05-885d-81e57ef88579.jpg

'55 Chevy Bel Air... My "Summer Project" that ended up having lots of modifications even if it was supposed to be a fast and simple build that could be finished during the Summer... Not!

495b98b0-e335-4746-93f7-462e96f024dd.jpg

'69 Charger Daytona for the Cannonball Run. This should be finished in approximately two weeks as the deadline is December 1st.

804adfcb-c553-4c6a-99a5-cc760e5ccd7c.jpg

'60 Plymouth Fury Mild Custom:

DSCN1165.jpg

Others include for example '60 Impala (Replica of what my 1:1 car will hopefully be), Don Nicholson '61 Impala OS/S, Grumpy's Toy '66 Nova and of course Fiat Topolino Altered.

Let's see what I will be able to do. I can say that the High School and 1:1 cars slow my progress down for sure.

I have a bunch of things that have been sitting on the edge of the bench for awhile that need to get finished before I can think of anything new... or anything that's still unfinished but requires a lot more work....

IMG_0945-vi.jpg

First up is my Trabant postal van. It's currently stalled because I ran out of the Tamiya RC color I am painting it. I may just take a drive to a distant hobby shop where I got the first can this afternoon

IMG_2757-vi.jpg

The Dodge Van camper.. it's much further along than I have photos. Interior is completed, even the body is done including travel decals all on the left side. I don't even know why I haven't finished it!

IMG_3871-vi.jpg

These! Again, much further along than in the photos. My hang up is the headlights. The kit ones have that goofy peg in the back of the m that make them look like WWII battle headlights. I sanded the backs flat and that warped the pieces so they won't fit at all. Now I'm thinking of pulling out the Vacuform, but have been putting that one off! Then once those are finished....

IMG_4237-vi.jpg

Yea, I want to get this one done. I'm second guessing some of my original fabrication that's not exactly square. If I had a spare junker body, I'd cut the sides out and straighten it all out...

IMG_2141-vi.jpg

The Volare Messenger Car... folks actually inquire about this 20 year project... so I should just finish it up

And maybe after that I can start something new???? And I have a ton of leaves to rake before I can actually think about hitting the bench!

Now that my wife and I have bought a house, and have somewhat settled in, my plan is to build a hobby room. Then I can worry about what models to build in it! :D

@Joe- That Blazer crawler is sweet! Always loved those "real" Blazer's...not those imposter S-10...um, things. Might have to look into getting one myself.

Edited by The70judgeman

I would like to finish two kits that are awaiting foil and final assembly: 1981 Chevy K20 and a 1957 Chevy Bel Air.

I need to it down and figure out what I can bring with me to work on while I'm away at work; it would be nice to get some building done while in camp, even if I can't spray paint. Brush painting Vallejo acrylics should be fine. :)

all i want to get is some of my unfinished projects ready for paint.

32 chrysler imperial

AMT GMC Jimmy

62 catalina

62 bonneville HT

62 bonneville ragtop

63 bonneville

64 grand prix

64 GTO

65 bonneville

65 grand prix

65 GTO

66 GTO

67 GTO

and any other Pontiacs that i forgot about

in reality i'll probably start a couple new kits and end up with yet more 'projects'

Edited by 421gto

Now that it is actually snowing here...

After two moves and a job change, I do have a little desk space set up to allow some hobby time!!

Yahooo!!

I'm going to try and finish these two,...IMG_4307600x450_zps5a11e161.jpg

IMG_4197600x450_zps37b0c4f2.jpg

but in the mean time,.. I will get this going as an oobIMG_4390600x450_zps484e284c.jpg

I know ...another AMT sub standard lot of work yayaya but,.. cool lines and shape

Wish me well . I will update

Cheers

1/8 scale offenhauser powered T:

Te8bH7.jpg

model of my friends 41 Willys pickup:

LHLVz3.jpg

ZFVURI.jpg

Roth Road Agent:

WtzgjN.jpg

t19S6v.jpg

then hope to get further into Trabant Universal surf wagon, a type 3 Karmann Ghia full detail, a couple of hot rods, at least one of which using the Revell Orange Crate body and a reps and mins of Maryland full tilt flattie, a few Japanese mini race cars...got plenty to keep me going.

jb

Winter in south Florida is the best painting weather, so I have quite a few projects lined up... my Fujimi 911 cabrio, the Monogram (ex Aurora) Aston Martin DB4 in racing livery, and the Tamiya 1/12 scale Ferrari 312t are the next three I have in the queue. Unless something else grabs my attention in the meantime, that is!

Started on something pretty much out of character for me: A pair of 2013 Mustang Boss 302's. One will be black, with Sterling Grey graphics, and the other? The rarest of all, Ford built just one. in Red Candy with Sterling Grey graphics. The graphics will be something new for me as well--have a couple of sets of pre-cut vinyl painting masks coming in the mail, courtesy of John Dezan up in Quebec.

So, some new stuff, new paints I've not worked with yet (Scale Finishes base coat/clear coat) and those vinyl masks. If I don't screw them up, I might learn something new.

Art

I dont have a place to paint,but when i get the chance i hope to have most of these going,and the Polara done before new year.

32 Ford Highboy.

63 Dodge Polara.

61 Buick Invicta convertible.

64 Cadillac convertible.

55 Chevy Suburban. 4x4

Edited by om617