Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/4 mile Harley Davidson : 1/12 scale Drag Bike

Thank you ........ for taking the time to look at my progress of this build......... I don`t think that I say enough how thankful I am for all the kind comments....... .I should be done tomorrow.......I will post finished pictures.........thank`s B)

I truly admire ALL of your builds John, you have the talent that all of us wish we had. Watching this progress, the thing that absolutely amazed me was the joints on the frame and how they look heated from welding. Not just one or two, but ALL of them. Did you hand paint every joint to appear this way? And what did you do to the joints to make them appear like a weld and not like they were glued? Because that is a detail you just don't see anyone do and basically no one will see. Thanks for sharing another phenomenal build John.

Hello........I made a collector shield...race # plate and rear body skirts......I also attached the frame fillers.....I put the last coat of clear on today......I should post finished pictures tomorrow......Thank you all very much for the kind comments and following along with this build. :unsure:

DSCF9595.jpg

DSCF9602.jpg

DSCF9598.jpg

DSCF9605.jpg

DSCF9603.jpg

DSCF9604.jpg

DSCF9600.jpg

DSCF9607.jpg

DSCF9608.jpg

DSCF9609.jpg

Un flipping belivable!!!!! welds.... I can see the welds......Clutch springs..... :blink and If im reading this right in only 21 days!!!! :unsure: I have no words my friend...Another one to look forward to seeing up close some day.....If your coming to the Desert scale show next April you have to bring this one......WOW

Un flipping belivable!!!!! welds.... I can see the welds......Clutch springs..... :blink and If im reading this right in only 21 days!!!! :unsure: I have no words my friend...Another one to look forward to seeing up close some day.....If your coming to the Desert scale show next April you have to bring this one......WOW

Speaking of clutch springs... how did you make those, John?

John... this is simply amazing. Words can't describe how great this turned out. I agree with Lanny if you are able to make it out to the Desert Scale Classic you will have to bring this. But I should be seeing it at the NNLs in Feburary since I am planning on coming up for it this next year. Looking forward to your completed pics that you will post.

Speaking of clutch springs... how did you make those, John?

Hi Harry......I bought the springs at a miniature train store by my house.......they come in a little envelope with 10 pill capsules filled with 10 springs in each one......they are copper but,I painted them blue......Thank`s.

John the Bike is done , and ready to go. now if you need a 1/4 mile driver with experience im ya man they called me "Jackhammer" cause i can tear up some concrete" LOL! job well done. :lol:

"Jackhammer".......it`s got your name on it when your ready to ride it down the 1/4 mile.......I`m curious what the elapsed time will be? :D

amazing john. i was hanging out with my nephew yesterday and had to show him some of the builds on here. when i got to your build, his jaw just dropped. but when he saw your caddy build in the "under glass" section, he actually thought it was a real car at first (cause of your photo taking) i was like nah man, it a model car... :huh:

looking forward to the finished pics and the next WIP. :D

I haven't commented on this build much, but I have to at this point.

John, I read the magazine interview about you and saw the Easyrider bike you built and have seen your other work on here. Amazing.... But to watch you start, quite literally, from the ground up and not only build a drag bike, but one of THE most convincing scale replicas I've seen in a while is a gift to us hacks. I give props to the other master builders on here and your name must be included. Rommel, Randy, and yourself are 3 big reasons why all model builders should visit this site on a regular basis for a refresher course in how it's done.

I'm still organizing the new house and I do have a dedicated room for my building. By this Fall I'll be building and annoying everyone with my junk. But in the meantime we get master class lessons from you guys.

Thank you John. goodjob.gif

Hello.......I am about to post finished pictures in the "UnderGlass" section of this build,if you would like to see them.......once again thank you all for the kind comments and for following along with this build......I had fun building this bike. :lol:

DSCF9666.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this incredible build as inspiration for everyone to drool over.You certainly have the skills my man.It's almost a shame to display it with the body on!The complex frame and body shapes alone are a study in concentration and determination at the highest level.This is truly a beast of a bike built,detailed and finished at expert levels!Well done brother builder,well done indeed.