Model Cars Magazine Forum

New project, resurrecting a '60 Ford Wagon Glue-Bomb.

Ron Hamilton

Here it is in all it's glory, an un-painted, gule-bombed Hubley '60 Ford Wagon.

DSCF4035_zps3c4d102c.jpg

The kit accessories were heavilly glued on.

DSCF4038_zpsa01aada4.jpg

The quarter panels did not escape the glue-burn.

DSCF4043_zps843bd981.jpg

Once I removed the accessories and cleaned up the glue-burn, It does not look too bad.

DSCF4054_zpse9003bef.jpg

It cleaned up nicely, and now it has a "Ranch Wagon" vibe now.

It is always amazing to me what a huge difference a change of rims and stance will do to any car. That looks REALLY good to me. Did those wheels come from a Dodge Challenger kit?

I hope you were able to save the cool retro roof rack.

It is always amazing to me what a huge difference a change of rims and stance will do to any car. That looks REALLY good to me. Did those wheels come from a Dodge Challenger kit?

No. They came from the parts box.

I hope you were able to save the cool retro roof rack.

I do not believe that it can be saved. It is warped.

OK --- Like Valerie Perrine in Superman --- "I know I 'm gonna get rapped in the mouth for sayin this" but-----

I KINDA LIKED THE GLUE BOMB!!!!!!!!---------warts slop custom parts and all!!!!!!!!!!!

I am getting old enough that I can say $heyet like this and get away with it !!!!!

Edited by Duntov

I have not decided on the rolling stock, as you know I like Replica Stock. I have an appropriate set of Hubley kit wheels and some better tires for this one, as the profile on these tires are too short for this type of car. The tires I will actually use will depend on the style, and the color of the build. I am going to use what I have in the basement. I have to do a little putty work to it, and shoot some primer. I had a set of Hubley '60 Ford Wheel Covers Cast, which I used on this one...

2008_01012007modelprojects0036.jpg

and will use on this one...

DSCF2806.jpg

as well as a Starliner, which I have yet to build. The wagon may be done up as a bookend to the convertible, or maybe not. It depends on the paint color I pick up when I do the paint job, hopefully in a couple of days.

Yesterday, I was able to get some more work done on the Hubley Ford Wagon. A little plastic, a little putty, sanding and priming , and here we are. All of the sink marks are removed, and I deepened the panel lines.

June82014074_zps7766d188.jpg

June82014075_zps0ac89e5c.jpg

June82014073_zps41712389.jpg

June82014072_zps391ec6d5.jpg

Now on to the interior. I have the paint, and I may be able to paint it Monday.

I liked the Big Wheels Ron. Even though it was too low in the rear for me. Glad to see you Rebuilding it though.

Thanks Gabriel. I still have a lot of work to do to this one. The stance is a little goofy, so I have to lower it. Also the running stock is going to depend on the paint, and how the interior comes out. I may work on it today.