Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Holy Grail" Models?

Yeah, but they say it wasn't a very good car to drive, and really wasn't fixed to the F50 came out.

Everyone shoud drive a Porsche 997 Turbo :lol: Especailly in LA and other metro areas. They say it is so efficiant that what comes out the tailpipe in these polluted cities is actaully cleaner than the air going in. :lol: So see, it's really a green car, too.

Nevertheless, I have a growing fondness for the Ferraris, they do build some nice looking cars that are just amazing now days.

The last Ferrari I was in still had rope for interior door handles, thinly padded plastic seats and couldn't hear yourself think. It was pretty much ######.

I am quite partial, however, to the 550, well both actually Porsche's and Ferrari's 550. I know the 575 is supposed to be a bit better, and looks almost the same, but I still like the 550 better.

And some of Ferraris earlier cars are just so ###### sexy. Nothing in the world looks or sounds like a P330

Yeah yeah, the F40 was a race car for the street, REAL race cars aren't supposed to be easy to drive on the streets! :lol:

I love the 550, something about the styling and that engine, and that it's in the FRONT I always loved and of course the GT versions. :lol:

What you mean SOME? They ALL were sexy.....even ALL earlier Porsches. I agree on the P330. :lol:

Guest zebm1

Talkin 'bout Holy Grails..... hmmmm, not exactly a car model but....

This kit has a fully detailed interior,

highly detailed engine and transmission,

PE details, lots of wheels and tires

and I have a separate kit of treds for it

in 1/35th scale......

my ultimate Grail since the mid 70s has always been the Tiger Mk 6a

100_0904.jpg

also have it's little brother, Panzer kampwagen IV-H and a 75mm Towed Anti-tank gun for a dio eventually...either Kursk-1943 or Operation Cobra - 1944, an ambush.....have 2 Ronsons (Shermans) and a Jackson Mobile AT. Oh did I mention 2 Companies of soldiers?

:blink::lol: Bill, why you wanna hurt me so bad(with respect to Mary Wells) I've also got 66,67, 68,Chrysler 300's but no 65!I've been lookin on Evil bay for about a year now,(thats when I turned on to Evil)but each one I saw was in the 200 an up range.Like I said before, I want to build them, not make investments, so I guess I'll just keep lookin at the toy shows an Evil bay, till I find a deal like yours!(If I'm LUCKY!) :lol:

Talkin 'bout Holy Grails..... hmmmm, not exactly a car model but....

This kit has a fully detailed interior,

highly detailed engine and transmission,

PE details, lots of wheels and tires

and I have a separate kit of treds for it

in 1/35th scale......

my ultimate Grail since the mid 70s has always been the Tiger Mk 6a

100_0904.jpg

also have it's little brother, Panzer kampwagen IV-H and a 75mm Towed Anti-tank gun for a dio eventually...either Kursk-1943 or Operation Cobra - 1944, an ambush.....have 2 Ronsons (Shermans) and a Jackson Mobile AT. Oh did I mention 2 Companies of soldiers?

Hey that is a pretty nice Tiger kit. I have the mid and early production kits... However, have you seen the new DML Tiger? Phenomenal.

Guest zebm1

Hey yall, I have a Jo-Han 1963 Chrysler 300 Hardtop......

100_0725.jpg

100_0721.jpg

found a grille for it (AMT Parts Pack), have rear bumper - no front bumper.

Been thinking of putting it up for Auction......maybe my 1st on eModelcars.......

Put these 2 Grails up for Bid on Friday, need tha money.....

100_0890.jpg

100_0892.jpg

just thimk of my nic.....

Edited by zebm1

I'm going to say the 1/8 kits that came back in the last couple of years. The Big Deuce and Big T were too expensive when I was a kid. I received Lindberg's Big Red Rod for what must have been my 10th birthday in the 60's. It's great to have all three now. I've got the new Big Red Rod in a holding pattern at about 80% complete. The others are still boxed. I built a twin-engine Exterminator. These guys take up a lot of space.

I did harbor a strange fascination for the Tom Daniels stuff and would love to see the rest come back. The Beer Wagon and Garbage Truck are faves. Where's the Tijuana Taxi?

The Lil Coffin, I've done that one three times and have 1 1/2 unbuilts left.

And oddly enough, AMT's Ford C-900 Mail Truck.

I'm sure wantin' a huge percentage of what I'm seeing in here! I've wanted an Uncertain T for decades.

Edited by samdiego

Well I don't have too many domestic kits considered grail status. I do have one Johan kit and just about all(if not all) are at least one degree or another of grail status. I managed to get one I wanted at the Mid Atlantic NNL this year, along with the Ice Cream Truck. The Galaxie kit isn't quite there yet but will be in the not too distant future. The three in the middle aren't quite ripe yet either and the three on the left are re-pops.

IMG_2541.jpg

Now here you get to see why I have the user name I do. These are considered grails among the builders into Euro stuff. If you go to a couple VW forums with model car sections you'll see what I mean. These are built up over many years. I started buying these even before I was a serious builder.

IMG_2540.jpg

Oh, I forgot the AMT Scirocco that I just got a replacement body from another member to rebuild the gluebomb from my older brother. :)

Edited by dub

In the pic below you'll see a few of my grails.

AMT 67 Galaxie. 2 boxed; one is completely unbuilt and the other is just a box (built it already)

The Lindberg GT6 is built

On the top you'll see a completely unbuilt bandai Fiat X 1/9 (I have another one that's built). This is ultra rare and usually ultra expensive. I paid about 50 bucks on ebay (it was listed wrong)

The last one is the early 70's Star Truk which is a early to mid 70-s ford Ranger.

DSCF0946.jpg

• 1 month later...
B):D:o Man fellas, it's been a GREAT past coupla days for me! I got my Comp fixed an updated, Got BACK ON the forum, An now, thru the dilligence or one MR.Bill Geary,Who happened to find my "Holy Grail" on the Bay,I am now the VERY HAPPY owner of one 1965 Chrysler 300, by Jo Han. I just wanna let everyone know what a GRRRRREAT guy Bill is,If it wansn't for him, I'd still be lookin! And again if I may reiterate,I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!!! THANKS BILL!!!!!! :lol::P:P:P

:D Clay my Bro, I took pictures of it,so's you can see whats gonna happen to it,kinda like a blank canvas.When my buddy gets back from vaca,I'm not gonna let im leave till I can post stuff without ANY help! I'm GONNA lick this bastige ONCE AN FOR ALL!!!!! OOOO RAHHH!!!!!! :D;)

;) Well EVIL, MAYBE JUST MAYBE, We might be able to get one of our Forum resin casters to pop that rascal for us!It won't be right away,(lotsa other good stuff on his plate)But the offer to do it IS there so I'll hold off messin with it till I know for sure.Lets keep our collective fingers AND toes crossed!

:lol: Well EVIL, MAYBE JUST MAYBE, We might be able to get one of our Forum resin casters to pop that rascal for us!It won't be right away,(lotsa other good stuff on his plate)But the offer to do it IS there so I'll hold off messin with it till I know for sure.Lets keep our collective fingers AND toes crossed!

herm who could the caster be :P

George!

Glad to see you get the '65 300. I had to get mine as glue bombs, and restore them. One was a 1965 Hardtop in Black with a black Vinyl roof and white interior, and a Silver Convertible with a black interior. I have another hardtop gluebomb, which i plan to convert to a 4-door hardtop, an unbuilt convertible I bought from someone in France, and another unbuilt hardtop. I would love to get a unbuilt '66 and '67 convertible.