Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

@Joe- I have no idea yet. I actually had to strip the wax off the areas where I applied the decals. I also very recently bought the Mequiar's orbital drill attachment and wax made for dark and black vehicles. It uses 4" pads and should be easy to control. Just haven't used it yet, so I'll just have to be careful around the decals and ignore where the honeycomb details are. Don't know if you can see that in the cruddy pics I took though.

Today was the Lower Left Coast NNL and it was great. I was there as a vendor and this is what I spent some of my profits on!

This is a bit more detail on the bus, it is from ARII and it is supposed to be in 1/32 scale, but, I think it may be a bit bigger than that

And here is the lovely Jungle Pam to give the bus some scale. Should make for a fun project!

Nice score Jessie, you buy a lot of cool kits..

wifey was garage saling today & got a nice little stash for only $20. all still in the bags with inst. & decals.

the pete was $5, pretty basic, but i'll eventually build it

acura was $3, not into cars or imports, this will give me a new whack of cool spare parts for my trucks

planes were a couple bucks each, my son is all over them

attachicon.gif011_opt.jpg

Dan, you might want to reconsider on that Integra, it'a one of Revell's hidden gems! It builds so nicely that if you do build it, you'll want another one!

Thanks guys, I am glad you guys like my taste in model kits! The 240 was sealed. My friend opened it up to take a look at it. I got it to replicate Pete Brock's new toy!

It should be done for the Japanese Classic Car Show in September up at the Queen Mary in Long Beach. Will be taking lots of pics!!

10505416_10152604637934793_1539425526379

Edited by Daddyfink

Today was the Lower Left Coast NNL and it was great. I was there as a vendor and this is what I spent some of my profits on!

LLCNNL3_zpsc5fc4c68.jpg

LLCNNL2_zpsf8320030.jpg

This is a bit more detail on the bus, it is from ARII and it is supposed to be in 1/32 scale, but, I think it may be a bit bigger than that

LLCNNL4_zps6e5f88bf.jpg

And here is the lovely Jungle Pam to give the bus some scale. Should make for a fun project!

LLCNNL1_zps0bba2538.jpg

Cool Score Jesse, I like the Ford Van. I have heard recently that it is going to be reissued soon.

Cool Score Jesse, I like the Ford Van. I have heard recently that it is going to be reissued soon.

Yes it is! But it will be the 4X4 version that was called the High Jacker. Should not be too hard to convert it back to almost stock form with the right pieces. And who knows, maybe they will include them in the kit!

MPC120HJ1.jpg

Yes it is! But it will be the 4X4 version that was called the High Jacker. Should not be too hard to convert it back to almost stock form with the right pieces. And who knows, maybe they will include them in the kit!

MPC120HJ1.jpg

This now may not be happening. The kit is no longer shown on Round 2s web site.

Scott

As noted the HighJacker van was on Round 2s web site, then taken down. And the HighJacker was/is based on the early 70's 1/20th scale Ford van. Got mixed feelings about this kit being taken down on Round 2s web site. Never liked the HighJacker version of this kit. Would rather have a version like Jesse scored recently. I'm hoping the HighJacker has been taken away so the tooling can be backdated to a more desirable version of the van.

Scott

Great link Lee. But, I got the impression from your above statement in post #11781, that your thoughts are that the original version of this kit was the Ironsides one? The 1970 Econoline was the first version of the kit. The Ironsides version came later and has the redesigned later in that generation grille. I may have misunderstood you on your comment above. By the way, that is a very nice built version of that kit.

Scott

Edited by unclescott58

Interesting to note, going back to that Econoline web site and relooking at the kits posted there. The box art for the Ironsides kit shows the early style grille. Where the kit itself and it's contents, it has the redesigned grille. Does anybody remember which would be correct for the real Ironside van?

Also looking at the box art on the 1971 Econoline kit, it looks like the new grille appeared on that year's truck. Which sounds right to me.

Scott

Edited by unclescott58

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...