Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Originally got this for Christmas in 1985 I think, sent to me from my granddad who I didn't see often. He was a straight Chevy man and I'm sure that's why he picked this one out.

I lived in Europe as a kid, so I'd send my grandparents back in the states long lists of Mopar models I wanted (1969-1972 time frame). They must've left the list at home because they'd send me Tom Daniel cars in response! They probably thought those were colorful and kid-like. I was not a happy camper!

I lived in Europe as a kid, so I'd send my grandparents back in the states long lists of Mopar models I wanted (1969-1972 time frame). They must've left the list at home because they'd send me Tom Daniel cars in response! They probably thought those were colorful and kid-like. I was not a happy camper!

Oh man, that's bad!

Delivered this afternoon: most of a '64 Continental.

$_57.JPG

Mainly I needed the body for another '64 that turned out to be badly messed up under the three coats of black and white paint I stripped off (like "the previous paint was gouged off with a knife" messed up). This one's got some minor warp issues on the RF fender and a glue blob on the LR quarter, but has never been sanded, and will get a purple bath tonight. I'll salvage the roof from the other one to make a '65 convertible into a sedan (since the Missing Link repop didn't happen). This one's engine, taillight lenses and hood ornament will complete my '62 sedan, and the rest goes to the parts stash.

So I am in Milwaukee for the weekend and I had to stop at Model Empire after all the great comments that I have read about the shop. It didn't let my high expectations down. The store is more than what I had hoped for, the selection of kits was excellent and they had some Trumpeter kits that I have wanted to buy for a while. I bought a lot of kits and I will post pictures when I get home. I wish that I lived closer, but I will come back whenever possible.

Update on the Continental: It had one '64 and one '61-63 taillight lens - '64 is smaller, in case you're scrounging :huh: . Had to glue the '64's bottom to a thick scrap of red sprue and reshape it to fit the '62 bezel.

If you asked me what skill I use the most lately fixing up old AMT kits, I'd have to say "Whittling." :lol:

Edited by ChrisBcritter

Today was the Lower Left Coast NNL and it was great. I was there as a vendor and this is what I spent some of my profits on!

LLCNNL3_zpsc5fc4c68.jpg

LLCNNL2_zpsf8320030.jpg

This is a bit more detail on the bus, it is from ARII and it is supposed to be in 1/32 scale, but, I think it may be a bit bigger than that

LLCNNL4_zps6e5f88bf.jpg

And here is the lovely Jungle Pam to give the bus some scale. Should make for a fun project!

LLCNNL1_zps0bba2538.jpg

I got today a original 1962 kit of a 1934 ford coupe/convertible with only one part missing and that's one of the custom front suspension trailing arms and the body was cracked in half,I got it at a thrift store for 15 bucks and the box was in excellent shape and it even has the decals and the monogram catalog from 1962.

I am trying to find out if they made any more of these kits over the year'so I can get the one part that's missing?,And how much is this kit worth?

I will post pics later.

I got fantastic weather today so I could get my vinyl decals on my Ram. Like I said in an earlier post, they're matte black for a subtle look. So, here you go Carl! The only thing I can think of that would make them cooler is if they were reflective like they did back in the '60's & '70's.

Nice look, but isn't that going to be a pain in the butt when you wax?

Joe.

I got today a original 1962 kit of a 1934 ford coupe/convertible with only one part missing and that's one of the custom front suspension trailing arms and the body was cracked in half,I got it at a thrift store for 15 bucks and the box was in excellent shape and it even has the decals and the monogram catalog from 1962.

I am trying to find out if they made any more of these kits over the year'so I can get the one part that's missing?,And how much is this kit worth?

I will post pics later.

The custom parts are only in that first issue. You might still be able to locate one, though. The basic kit has been reissued a a street rod and the ZZ Top Eliminator, the street rod ("Early Iron") issues (coupe or cabriolet) should have the body with no alterations. The ZZ Top and Thom Taylor issues may have the body "smoothed up" a bit. You should be able to track down an unaltered body; that is, if the one you have can't be fixed.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...