Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Nice score on the Scoobies, speaking of which I really need to finish my Revell Impreza I'm working on.

Yeah I scored them both - from separate eBay auctions - for what one of them usually sells for. Both of them open, but still bagged up on the insides.

However my frugality caused the Post Office to lose the Legacy in my OWN Post Office for the better part of a week, and the WRX came to the local regional sort center, and then was dispatched on a tour of Minneapolis & Iowa before finally getting sent back a week later. I suppose I should be happy that after all that neither of them was damaged.

My nice Mail Woman dropped this off today, it's the new NEO for Iwata TRN-1 Trigger Gravity Feed Airbrush. It feels very nice in the hand compared to the regular button type airbrush. the other pic is my testing on some cardboard. It's very well made and is backed by Iwata's 5 yr warranty.

post-1036-0-75585200-1408580137_thumb.jp

post-1036-0-29159900-1408580161_thumb.jp

Picked up this '53 Chrysler Windsor. I'm not sure if it was a kit, or a toy, but it's definitely styrene plastic.

I'd say it's about 1/16 scale. Has opening hood and trunk, and the trunk contains a jack plus various tools.

A neat little replica of a car that you don't see very often....post-10758-0-50259200-1408598681_thumb.jpost-10758-0-64850300-1408598717_thumb.j

Picked up this '53 Chrysler Windsor. I'm not sure if it was a kit, or a toy, but it's definitely styrene plastic.

I'd say it's about 1/16 scale. Has opening hood and trunk, and the trunk contains a jack plus various tools.

A neat little replica of a car that you don't see very often....attachicon.gif20140821_010430~2.jpgattachicon.gif20140821_010403~2.jpg

Now that is cool. My first real car was a '53 Chrysler. In my case it was a New Yorker Deluxe 2-door Club Coupe. Still this is first plastic "model" of '53 Chrysler I've ever seen. Any chance of seeing more photos of the model? It would be especially interesting to see under the hood and inside the trunk.

Scott

Now that is cool. My first real car was a '53 Chrysler. In my case it was a New Yorker Deluxe 2-door Club Coupe. Still this is first plastic "model" of '53 Chrysler I've ever seen. Any chance of seeing more photos of the model? It would be especially interesting to see under the hood and inside the trunk.

Scott

I think Frank is right: that was marketed by Marx. It was a toy rather than a 'model.'

If it's the one I'm thinking of ~ and if I'm not mistaken ~ the tools and jack in the trunk were part of the 'play factor' of that toy. Any of the wheels/tires could be removed and the 'spare' could be mounted in the place of whatever wheel/tire was imagined to be "flat."

I think Frank is right: that was marketed by Marx. It was a toy rather than a 'model.'

If it's the one I'm thinking of ~ and if I'm not mistaken ~ the tools and jack in the trunk were part of the 'play factor' of that toy. Any of the wheels/tires could be removed and the 'spare' could be mounted in the place of whatever wheel/tire was imagined to be "flat."

It appears that I have a "Marx" toy. It's pretty much as Frank & Danno described it

See additional photos for your amusement.

post-10758-0-33794200-1408653399_thumb.jpost-10758-0-95468900-1408653428_thumb.jpost-10758-0-37179800-1408653464_thumb.j

I believe that '53 Chrysler was originally made by Marx Toys in the 50's.

Another company was making them about 10 years ago, I remember seeing them in K-Mart.

That is so cool. It has that quaint outta scale funkyness.. maybe it can send the rivet counters over the edge! :)

But I like it and would like to have one on my toy shelf. It just screams 1950s. It's good to know they were redone, so I don't have to pay a fortune.

That is so cool. It has that quaint outta scale funkyness.. maybe it can send the rivet counters over the edge! :)

But I like it and would like to have one on my toy shelf. It just screams 1950s. It's good to know they were redone, so I don't have to pay a fortune.

Not nearly as funky as the "Crusader 101" by Deluxe-Reading that I have in my collection. Looks like a cross between a '65 Caddy and an Imperial.

Not nearly as funky as the "Crusader 101" by Deluxe-Reading that I have in my collection. Looks like a cross between a '65 Caddy and an Imperial.

You do realize those are fighting words :) LOL

DSC00001-vi.jpg

It's the ever generic car! It's a big 1/25 scale. I could get it onto a Lincoln chassis. But a cool custom not unlike the generic car shown on 1961 AMT annual kits.

DSC3-vi.jpg

DSC00010-vi.jpg

Premier Corvair... AMT engineers built models from manufacturer's blueprints.. Premier engineers built them from memory!

DSC00013-vi.jpg

DSC00014-vi.jpg

And I swear I'd restore this one if I could find the parts! It looks like Stuart Little should drive it!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...