Model Cars Magazine Forum

No Dodge in Nascar next year

I won't be able to tell. I suppose their will be a bunch of Dodge stickers left over! Do NASCAR engines use any OEM parts or are they all aftermarket or race only?

No, IIRC they're made specifically for NASCAR use. but have to have factory part numbers to make them "production" engines.

Guest Johnny

Dodge/Chrysler/Fiat is just "clearing the air" while they tool up their new NASCAR racing car/platform effort.

16-05_F500.jpg

:rolleyes:

That could provide nore interesting racing than what we have right now! :lol:

No, IIRC they're made specifically for NASCAR use. but have to have factory part numbers to make them "production" engines.

I dont think that is right, I am going to have to look it up, what makes them production engines, is that the manufactures make the block, and heads, that is where the production comes from

I won't be able to tell. I suppose their will be a bunch of Dodge stickers left over! Do NASCAR engines use any OEM parts or are they all aftermarket or race only?

ever see a v8 ,16 valve,pushrod, carberated toyota on the lot?

Edited by mistermodel

is nascar as popular as it use to be ?

No it's not. The genius behind the wheel, Brian France has given up on the idea of racing as a sport and more entertainment. In the boom of the 90's went Nascar went from the hardcore fan base to the general public, all kinds of stupid things were introduced to make the "Show" more entertaining Also big money started ruling Nascar.

So now that the Nascar fad is over with, you have long time fans who are sick of,

All the new 1.5mile cookie cutter tracks while abandoning some of the great short tracks.

Spec cars

Top 35 rule

The biggest blunder of them all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the Chase.

So there are a LOT of old fans that couldn't give a rats hind end about Nascar.

No it's not. The genius behind the wheel, Brian France has given up on the idea of racing as a sport and more entertainment. In the boom of the 90's went Nascar went from the hardcore fan base to the general public, all kinds of stupid things were introduced to make the "Show" more entertaining Also big money started ruling Nascar.

So now that the Nascar fad is over with, you have long time fans who are sick of,

All the new 1.5mile cookie cutter tracks while abandoning some of the great short tracks.

Spec cars

Top 35 rule

I have to agree. As one of the old fans, the 1.5 mile tracks are killing the sport, along with everything else mentioned above. They wanted big tracks for big crowds but now the stands are half empty at any given race. Bring back the short tracks, let them run real cars, and if you're fast enough you qualify. If not you watch from the stands.

Spec cars

Top 35 rule

You nailed pretty well there, there is talk of getting rid of the top 35 rule next year

Gotta agree with the Top 35 and "The Chase", just stupid. More short tracks and road courses would be great, Dad and I have gone to Toad America last three years for the Nationwide races and it's been a great event to go see............even if we sit near people who have had more booze to drink than my 200 did on the drive there, or any of the Nationwide cars running there :P

I don't normally weigh in on the "What's wrong with NASCAR" debate, but for the love of Moses take one of the dates off Fontana to spare everyone that boring 3 hours of TV and re-open North Wilkesboro. "Everyone" (being the NASCAR elite) claim NWS has no "modern amenities". GOOD! I don't need a sky-box, falafle and champagne, I want to see people beating the heck out of their cars while enjoying a hotdog and fries. Guess that's why the local short track around here always draws a good crowd.

The France family controls everything. Get rid of the mulitple team owners.One car one owner one driver. You just can not compete against those teams . You have a field of 42 cars how many of them really have a chance agains the mulitple car teams?How many do they ever talk about duing a race? They only talk about the mulitple team owners most of the time.The rest of the cars are very seldom if at all talked about.