Model Cars Magazine Forum

66' Mustang Fastback / ProStreet ProTouring Hybrid

Codi

, because there is just about no room for the rear wheels/tires to move up and down. They would be constantly hitting the wheel openings, and it would get pretty annoying for the driver to be constantly scraping the rear tires on the bodywork.

\Only on saturdays and sundays Harry..

And on flat tracks

Cmon ...you think this a daily driver?

I love it

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...
On 8/19/2014 at 7:35 PM, Codi said:

Guys, what do I say at this point other than thank you for all of your kind sentiments and responses to my builds. It's been a blast doing them but I get great satisfation in knowing that you know what you see and that you truly appreciate my efforts.

Art, I want to say thanks for you comments on all 3 builds. You've been building for a while now and I certainly respect your opinions/sentiments too.

For those that are coming to appreciate the old school stance, that's good too. Slammed is the way of the day now and I can do that too I assure you, but old school nose up stance is something a bit different and I always liked that too as a kid.

Lastly, here are a few pics of the chassis pieces right before I began the final assembly process. To finish a build it takes me about 2 months of actual assembly time to put the sub-assemblies together. I refuse ot rush at this phase as it can screw everything up in a hurry. We all know how hard that is since we get excited to see the finished product. I've expanded my reserves of patience regardless of what my 2 little girls think. I picked the seat frame shot as you never will get to see the time/effort that went into these simple frames/supports but they looked so good in aluminum that I wanted to be sure to share them.

Most respectfully,

Tim

Mustang6013-vi.jpg

MustangMayPics004-vi.jpg

MustangPreAseembly112-vi.jpg

MustangAssembly122711006-vi.jpg

MUSTANGFINALPICS042-vi.jpg

Tim, This is my kind of build... Love the suspension and the headers. Are you using the rb motion ball end and coil-overs? By the way... This is the kind of crazy level that I love! And thank you for your kind words on my build. When I see this kind of build it humbles me, gives me inspiration and it most importantly shows me I still have a lot to learn! Fantastic work! 

Edited by IbuildScaleModels

Justin and JD........what a grin you put on my face by bringing back this memory.  It was my first build over 6 years ago when I got back into the hobby after 40+ years away.  I've learned a lot since then but enjoyed each one that has come since.  Thanks again for the comments!  Tim

• 6 months later...

Just saw this for the first time Tim... Absolutely exquisite!!!  Additionally, I’d like to say, I sure hope you have these insured because this really is art. The painstaking attention to detail is marvelous, and I can only imagine the amount of thought and time you put into your work. I am in amazement when I look at your creations. Thank you!

Edited by Venom
Additional thoughts