MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Gray

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:40 AM

You bathing regular?

You better believe Mary makes sure of that Danno :lol:

Truth is the division supervisor, a rank akin to Captain, is newly promoted. He likes to write checks we have to cash if you know what I mean. Then he takes the credit, go figure. Well I'm the guy who won't tolerate that BS and called him on it. It's interesting that he didn't boot me.

My partner Louie says the guy is afraid of me, that's a good thing, he should be..................... B)

G

#902 Pete J.

Pete J.

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Full Name:Pete Johnson

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

Really P.O.'ed by people who figure it is Ok to change lanes in the middle of a turn in a double turn lane and then flip you off when you use your horn to alert them to the fact that you are next to them. Double turn lanes? Stay in your own frikin lane!

Had a lady who was gutsy enough to roll down her window and start cursing at me when I didn't yield to her trying to change lanes. I verbally let her have and she was not pleased.

#903 Agent G

Agent G

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Gray

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:05 AM

I saw one do a u turn from the outside lane of a double left. I was far enough back, but the guy in front of me darn near t boned the idiot. I used some choice Hebrew phrases on that one. 

Had a soccer mom park in a no parking zone across from the park to drop the kiddies off last week. Thank goodness we were all at the speed limit 'cause the munchkins naturally didn't think and bolted into traffic. I again used some choice Hebrew on the soccer mom, I even added some Vietnamese and Tag.

I can curse fluently in seven different languages, ask Danno or Jonathan. :D  

G

#904 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,738 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:56 AM

I saw one do a u turn from the outside lane of a double left.

Really P.O.'ed by people who figure it is Ok to change lanes in the middle of a turn in a double turn lane

And they're the ones who, when they call the insurance company or significant-other, say "the car wrecked".

#905 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,268 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:33 AM

zachary-quinto-spock-2.jpg

Love this pic of Spock. The header says it is Zachary Quinto Spock, incorrect, it is Leonard Nimoy Spock.

#906 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,695 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

I can curse fluently in seven different languages, ask Danno or Jonathan. :D  

I find it useful to know a curse word and how to order a beer in every language!  And that's all I need to know.  :lol:

#907 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,926 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas J. Winter

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:37 PM

The fact I now need a windshield for my truck..................... <_<

Having a bad week, then the windshield decides after having a stone chip for 18 years that it will crack today.............Wonderful...............because I didn't already have enough things to buy and replace on my truck.............

1891018_10203285972287503_2102996679_n_z

Nick

#908 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,518 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

Cold outside and defrosters on ?????

#909 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,926 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

Coldish outside, didn't have the defrost on............and in the last 18 years there has been many colder days when the defrost was on full blast while driving down pot hole riddled roads, but today I only have my wipers on, it's fairly mild and I was driving down a freshly paved road, stopped at the same stop sign I stop at everyday and *crack* I watched it go across.....................

#910 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,227 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

My Jeep is on its 4th windshield in 14 years..seems when I get a chip it grows into a crack pretty quickly...

Edited by Rob Hall, 12 March 2014 - 03:27 PM.

#911 Modelbuilder Mark

Modelbuilder Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Hubbard

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

Really P.O.'ed by people who figure it is Ok to change lanes in the middle of a turn in a double turn lane and then flip you off when you use your horn to alert them to the fact that you are next to them. Double turn lanes? Stay in your own frikin lane!

Had a lady who was gutsy enough to roll down her window and start cursing at me when I didn't yield to her trying to change lanes. I verbally let her have and she was not pleased.

I think there are a lot of people that suffer from "lane change incompetency". Simple things like you described, or old sitting across from one another and both going the same direction onto a two lane road... I turn into my lane closest to me, you turn into your lane closest to you..simple right?....must not be to some....  or the person that swings WAY in/out during a turn, effectively using their lane and mine..

We could no doubt start a whole new topic on these types of quips... :huh:

#912 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,926 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

This is the original 21 year old windshield, Guess I'll be getting one from a scrap yard, refuse to put a new paper thin windshield in it, I would rather an original.

Nick

#913 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,437 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

Having to put my money where my mouth is, yeah, that bit me in the read end

Edited by martinfan5, 12 March 2014 - 04:05 PM.

#914 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,667 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:09 PM

I'm awake 20 minutes. So far the day is just fine by me…..   :P 

#915 madhorseman

madhorseman

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Full Name:Roy Trejo
    "I love it, I need it, I seed it, yeah turns me on, alright hold tight, I'm a highway star"

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

I've looked at this thread before but never felt I had much that irked me..until today! At work I share an office with a fellow worker, we work in a chemical plant; the office is at the dock area.

So I've been personalizing the space to some extent with some of my completed models and few diecasts.

I used to follow Nascar, Davey Allison being my favorite driver I displayed one of his diecasts.Between yesterday and this morning someone decided to walk off with!!

Mind You it wasn't in very good condition and i was thinking about refinishing it, so it didn't even seem to be worth the effort!!

Just the principle of it, i guess!!

Edited by madhorseman, 14 March 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#916 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,695 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

Davey Allison being my favorite driver I displayed one of his diecasts. Between yesterday and this morning someone decided to walk off with!!

That does suck, but I learned the hard way a long time ago not to bring anything good to work.

#917 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,695 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:28 PM

My irks of the week...   TWO pain in the tail complaints about NNL East.

Some clown sent me a very irate email that we ruined his life because NNL East is the same day as Carslile this year.  He is going to tell all his friends never to come to our show again!  Oh goodie. He also said that NNL East would FAIL because more people want to go to Carslile than a model car show!

We moved the show back a week this year since we otherwise would collide with Easter.  Many people travel long distances and travel home on Sunday.  Never mind that our normal annual date collides with the Englishtown show, which is much closer.   Such is the need to take a date that the hall has available. Either that or no show at all.

I got a nasty phone call from someone upset that the Parsippany Holiday Inn doesn't offer a discount to NNL East attendees.  Well we moved the show north FIVE FRIGGIN YEARS AGO.  We have a host hotel near our new show site that we nearly fill.  Everyone who stays there is helping defray the costs of our being able to offer a host hotel, and insures we can do so in the future.

The old hotel, under the old manager, continued to offer our discount without our participation.  This year the new manager called me and wanted me to sign a contract. Um, no.  So excuse me that I wouldn't guarantee them 25 rooms on my personal credit card that has no benefit to me or NNL East, just so you can stay there working against us!  

I feel much better now!

Edited by Tom Geiger, 14 March 2014 - 02:29 PM.

#918 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,667 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:36 AM

He also said that NNL East would FAIL because more people want to go to Carslile than a model car show!

Gee Tom, I hope THAT doesn't happen!  :rolleyes: 

Just how clueless was this person????

#919 jrherald420

jrherald420

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts
  • Full Name:James Herald

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:39 AM

Sounds like hes is the man we need to answer all the worlds problems!!!! Bring him in, we need to talk to him........lol

#920 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,198 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:41 AM

Gee Tom, I hope THAT doesn't happen!  :rolleyes: 

Just how clueless was this person????

I don't think NNL East has much to worry about.  Malcontents usually way-overestimate the power of their negativity.