[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jim B

  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited


About Jim B

  • Rank
    MCM Ohana
  • Birthday 06/15/1968

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Previous Fields

  • Are You Human?
  • Scale I Build
    1/25, 1/35

Profile Information

  • Location
    Chittenango, NY
  • Full Name
    James Bongiovanni

Recent Profile Visitors

20,951 profile views
  1. B.R.B.O. cruiseliner daycab

    Pretty cool. Don't see daycab Cruiseliners all that often.
  2. Stretched Big Rig question

    You might get a smoother ride, but I'm not totally sure. Your turn radius will be about the size of Rhode Island, though. This is a 350" wheelbase Peterbilt 379 that is driven around New York City & New Jersey. I have no idea how he does it!
  3. Snowman truck and trailer

    I'd say your customer will definitely like it. Fantastic job.
  4. 1926 Mack AC Dump Truck

    Yes, those are the wheels, or pretty darn close to it.
  5. 1926 Mack AC Dump Truck

    That's interesting. Do yo think that's factory or aftermarket?
  6. 1926 Mack AC Dump Truck

    I think the ones in Brad's picture are just steel wheels that are different from the kits, but I could be wrong. Supposedly, AITM has a 1914 back date kit for this kit, but it might not be available right now.
  7. B.R.B.O Chevy Titan 90

    It's in Step #3 (thanks, Tom):
  8. B.R.B.O Chevy Titan 90

    Here is a copy from the original instructions showing the single exhaust: When I built mine, I used dual exhausts.
  9. Kenworth C500 Gin Pole Truck

    That looks awesome.
  10. Aftermarket thoughts

    HÃ¥kan, to get back to your original point, I think one of the main issues of not having a lot of aftermarket parts for older trucks is return on investment. An aftermarket manufacturer spends a lot of time & effort to make a part, and how many people are really going to buy it? I guess that really depends on what it is. Truck modeling is really a small niche of automotive modeling (granted motorcycle modeling is probably smaller), so the market is small. That's probably why you don't see too many large resin manufacturers making 1/24 & 1/25 truck stuff, because the money really isn't there; the money is in 1/35 armor, so that's where they concentrate there efforts. Yes, there are some large manufacturers that make some 1/24 stuff, but not many. Remember what Liza Minnelli & Michael York said in Caberet: "Money makes the world go around".
  11. B.R.B.O Chevy Titan 90

    The aqua looks nice on the Titan.
  12. Ford Transcontiental

    That looks awesome. Well done.
  13. Let's see some coe Pete's

    Here are a couple of photos of actual Peterbilt 352 that I have on my computer. Most are from Hank's Truck Pictures (recently closed), but I took the photo of the Crane 352. Hope these help. The Oneida rig is a 352H with (I believe) a Caterpillar 3408T, the green & white Lyden is a 352E, and the Spector 352 has a Caterpillar 1673.
  14. Ford race hauler

    Should be an interesting project. If you only had a race car to put on the back.
  15. B.R.B.O Chevy Titan 90

    Square for an AMT frame is not an easy feat sometimes. Looks nice. That Detroit Diesel sure is green.