The first step in detailing the top was to drill out the molded-in brass snaps. They will be replaced by real brass tacks with round heads...
I will not be using the kit's plastic molded "leather" top hold down straps up front... I will scratchbuild those using heavy paper. So I needed to add the mounting loops for the straps on the top. I used thin bead stringing wire that I found at HL... it's soft enough so that I could bend very tight radiuses into it, yet stiff enough to hold its shape. The wire is red (remember, it's decorative bead stringing wire)... the loops will ultimately be painted black.
Front end details finished. The RR logo on the grille shell was a decal that disintegrated into a million tiny pieces once it hit the water, so I googled "RR logo" and printed one out at several sizes... picked the size that I needed, cut it out and glued it on. The license plates are also decals, but rather than risk them disintegrating too, I just cut them out of the decal sheet dry, and glued them to the backing plate.
Just got home from the hospital, where I had a "mediport" implanted into my chest. They will hook up my chemo to this port every time I have a chemo session. The port surgery went smoothly, it only took about 1/2 hour.