Model Cars Magazine Forum

50 Oldsmobile

60s era

Hi Everyone..

Have not posted here in a while ..Have been working on my latest project.

It's a 50 Olds , a little on the unusual side.

Tilt Font End, Suicide Doors , Opening Trunk, Tubbed, Custom Interior, Much Much Scratch building, Lime Ice , Ivory Interior, W-43 Blown Olds Engine. ( W-43 is a Engine Olds made back in the 70s but never sold it to the Public-it can be found if you Google it - for those interested).

I recently won Best of 50s Decade on another forum, Jerrys Cherrys..

Here is a few pics .. Hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I did building it..

post-12080-0-24255700-1428689626_thumb.j

post-12080-0-37263200-1428689661_thumb.j

post-12080-0-25110400-1428689720_thumb.j

post-12080-0-29987900-1428689756_thumb.j

post-12080-0-74153400-1428689777_thumb.j

Great looking car...... If you don't mind a couple of comments,,,,,, It looks like your windshield is not seated correctly, leaving a slight gap at the top. You could use some Bare Metal Foil for the window and body trim. The taillights could use some Tamiya Clear Red paint on the lenses. It doesn't look like you installed the clear headlight lenses. I'm not being picky here, just trying to give you some constructive comments to help you make your model better.

Thank You All for your comments, they are Highly appreciated ....

Ramfins59 : thank you much for your comments , and yes you are correct with your observations . I was really pushing things to finish in time for the deadline of the contest.. I will be correcting those things to Improve on the build. I was the last one to get into the contest- just barely made it in time..So many new ( to me ) things I did on this build it really ate up my time, an a little of my Wife's

patience LOL....

Stray :: Yes, I plan to BMF , sometime ...

Thanks Again to All who responded , for you great comments....Makes my Day......

Edited by 60s era