Model Cars Magazine Forum

Total Eclipse of the Moon for the Americas Tonight

Crazy Ed

Starting just after 6 P.M. PDT (adjust for you're time zone. I'm Always on MST and it works out that during daylight "savings" time the West US changes to match ME - ok All of Arizona......) the Moon will enter the Earths Shadow. Maximum will happen ~ an hour anf 45 minutes later. Other than just being a Total Eclipse the Moon is also at Perigee so it's going to appear as big as Any Lunar Eclipse will for the next 30+ years. Folks in Europe and most of Africa will also be able to see Totality but they're going to need to either stay up late of get up really early.

So if the Sky is Clear where you are AND you are within that area, break away from the Bench go Outside and take a look. Here's a practice Moon shot I took last night.

Lassen was my favorite National Park and Burney was it for State Parks. I remember when you could just drive t either and get a Camp Site. Mike if you don't get a Picture of the Moonrising over Lassen you need to be Flogged!!  

sorry daughter #2 borrowed our camera..and hasn't returned it.  

"Flogged" ?   for doing a good deed?  :( 

I wanted to go out tonight, but I couldn't. I took a one-night job for a few extra bucks doing store inventory, and I was hoping to take a break to go out, but the store management decided to make all the breaks uniform instead, so I couldn't.

All the drama was over when I left at midnight.

Charlie Larkin

sorry daughter #2 borrowed our camera..and hasn't returned it.  

"Flogged" ?   for doing a good deed?  :( 

Ok only a finger wagging for not having a Camera there. That woulda been a really nice Shot though. Here's the Moon at Max eclipse.

Edited by Crazy Ed

Lovely photo. GF and I drove an hour into MN lakes country and sat on the upper deck of a woodsy, rural supper club, sat close, sipped wine and watched it unfold for 2-hours. Clouds cleared just in time. Everyone on that deck was there for watching. Later, GF insisted we find a dark road with no visible lights to fully view the sky. Add this to the list of pleasant memories.

Lovely photo. GF and I drove an hour into MN lakes country and sat on the upper deck of a woodsy, rural supper club, sat close, sipped wine and watched it unfold for 2-hours. Clouds cleared just in time. Everyone on that deck was there for watching. Later, GF insisted we find a dark road with no visible lights to fully view the sky. Add this to the list of pleasant memories.

Now that sounds like a very pleasant evening. I'm jealous!