Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Nomad Custom Delivery

jjsipes

The rain stopped, the clouds opened up and the sun is shining. Grabbed my tape and prepped to spray the blue. Let it dry a little and couldn't wait any longer, had to untape to see what it looked like.

Had a quick logo that I had printed to see about size and just laid it on the panel to see how it would look.

Time to print logo on to clear decal film. Baremetal, decal and then clear. Need to paint interior yet. Thinking about pearl white with blue dash to match body with blue carpet.

Remember that the real cars were base models with no rear seats and very minimal exterior or internal chrome trim.They were real work horses for contractors and plumbers so by the time they were traded in they were really beat up and worn out.Nice paint is evident.Good luck with the final few steps you have left to complete.

• 7 months later...

Getting the engine together for this thanks to Replicas in miniature of md. Will post picture tomorrow when I get more completed. Redid the carpet using embossing powder instead of flocking, looks much better. Need to get this completed next.

This is what I was planning for the intake setup for the engine but, it didn't fit under the hood.

So I found a chromed intake and air cleaner in the AMT 55 Bel Air so, I decided to use them instead.

Here is the carpeting using Embossing Powder colored Sapphire from Michaels.