Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's See Some Glue Bombs!

60 Dart 1.JPG

60 Dart 2.JPG

60 Dart 3.JPG

Holy cow!!

That's an amazing save Mike!

Especially considering the mess that the rear quarter trim was.

I probably never even would have attempted to repair that!

Fantastic work!

How did you do your upholstery pattern?

I did mine all in paint & some Sharpie markers.

It was quite an undertaking! :P

Steve

photo DSCN2841_zpssy4ygmho.jpg

Holy cow!!

That's an amazing save Mike!

Especially considering the mess that the rear quarter trim was.

I probably never even would have attempted to repair that!

Fantastic work!

How did you do your upholstery pattern?

I did mine all in paint & some Sharpie markers.

It was quite an undertaking! :P

Steve

photo DSCN2841_zpssy4ygmho.jpg

Thanks, Steve.  

I did that many years ago , and at the time I figured I would probably never get my hands on a decent '60 Dart.  It was a tribute to my dad's favorite car that he got new in the same color combo.  

It was so long ago I don't remember exactly how I did the upholstery; I believe I used the body color as a base (maybe tinted with another color for contrast), dullcoated all or part of it, hand-painted the dark vertical stripes, then carefully scraped the paint away from the piping.

BTW...I think yours looks better.   

I don't have any glue bomb "saves" yet, other than the previously-built '37 Ford truck that I've pillaged for a hot rod build. But I do have a few sitting in the wings, waiting their turn. The '57 Ford is actually pretty clean, just slightly painted and the body is broken in 3, with the A and C pillars missing chunks that I'll have to rebuild.

Of all of these, I'm most excited about restoring the AMT '28 Tudors. They shouldn't be too hard to pull apart. I actually quite like the paint color on the brown one.

Gotta give that one a prize for "Most Creative Location of a Fake Continental Kit"... :lol:

... and fender skirt. 

I like that the blue color accents the custom touches . :lol:

he REALLY wanted the side pipe to exit at the wheel well edge ... must have cursed the model company for making it "too short"

Edited by Foxer

... and fender skirt. 

I like that the blue color accents the custom touches . :lol:

he REALLY wanted the side pipe to exit at the wheel well edge ... must have cursed the model company for making it "too short"

Oh she's a real mess , LOL.

Oof - and I though my '58 was the worst I'd seen. Were you able to save the front bumper, at least?

Yep, That and the chassis plate are in good shape, I keep it all in that condition though as a kind of historical modeling "folk art" piece.

Edited by FordRodnKustom

I don't know if this would exactly qualify as a glue bomb as someone started restoring it before I got it but here's a 1962 Plymouth Fury I've had for some time that I would like to rebuild at some point. Not sure if it is the Johan or the Revell kit, or even where I'll source the missing parts.

I don't know if this would exactly qualify as a glue bomb as someone started restoring it before I got it but here's a 1962 Plymouth Fury I've had for some time that I would like to rebuild at some point. Not sure if it is the Johan or the Revell kit, or even where I'll source the missing parts.

GPr4s3BxIw2cWl3V76rIGRRUTNJZiU-vi.jpg

O_o_JYW0ygXpzTsGMNMyNtUPQOp_Wg-vi.jpg

These Johan '62 Plymouths are not all that rare.

You should really have no problem finding replacement parts for it.

Steve

Here is a built 25 model T I picked up about 20 years ago at a garage sale for 10 cents,it was missing the hood and top and about a year ago I found those parts. I added the tires and flathead and might change the motor to a model A motor or if a V860 if one is made in resin,its done and not going to do anything more to it.

100_6859.JPG