Model Cars Magazine Forum

Harry's current condition

Harry P.

A very nice increase has occurred in Harry's Fund in the last 24 hours. You guys are first class and it comes at a really good time for him, morale - wise. He has been unable to get public assistance for therapy (disability) and has been increasingly worried about money. This state of mind, of course, is not good for his ability to fight a severely weakened heart AND cancer.

He meets with his oncologist this week so his struggle is something that doesn't go away and few of us can relate to.

The news of our friend is not good at this point. Monday the oncologist found that the chemo is not improving the cancer. Yesterday a CT scan revealed there are no clots in arteries but they decided to put him back in the hospital due to his condition. Thankfully his son is with him.

C

The news of our friend is not good at this point. Monday the oncologist found that the chemo is not improving the cancer. Yesterday a CT scan revealed there are no clots in arteries but they decided to put him back in the hospital due to his condition. Thankfully his son is with him.

C

I was hoping for better news on Harry than that. C'mon guys, more prayers.

A (small) turn for the better...

The latest news is that Harry gained entrance into a rehab facility. This weekend, his children visited and reported good stuff. He is eating again, even stuff he doesn't like, and is exercising according to plan. He was in the best spirits in a long time.

Let's not forget the severity of his conditions though, this is no 'get well soon' situation.

It's not known what but something improved in his thinking and he's willing to fight again. Speculation on my part, but maybe just being in an organized rehabilitation facility with supervising staff instead of being left alone at home to rehabilitate himself.

I hope we see him on line here again soon. Good wishes from us can only help this continue.

Do we know if he got his monitor/online problem sorted out?

Michael's right but I don't know if that was his son's laptop. I will try to find out later in the week. Certainly we'd rather he use his new enthusiasm for food and exercise rather than surfing the web.

A (small) turn for the better...

The latest news is that Harry gained entrance into a rehab facility. This weekend, his children visited and reported good stuff. He is eating again, even stuff he doesn't like, and is exercising according to plan. He was in the best spirits in a long time.

Let's not forget the severity of his conditions though, this is no 'get well soon' situation.

It's not known what but something improved in his thinking and he's willing to fight again. Speculation on my part, but maybe just being in an organized rehabilitation facility with supervising staff instead of being left alone at home to rehabilitate himself.

I hope we see him on line here again soon. Good wishes from us can only help this continue.

a bit of relief, thank you Cato .... I hope Harry is getting much needed support that he deserves and is able to concentrate on finding some peace for himself ... what a nightmare ... to be so ill and have to be concerned about getting  proper medical care must be so terrible 

Once again, I'll say that Harry is the biggest reason I'm on these boards and continue this hobby ... 

Peace to you Harry

In & out of rehab so fast makes it sound as if Harry is doing pretty well.  Home alone sucks even if your healthy.  I remember those kind of days and would on the stereo or TV as soon as I walked into the house.  Nobody else was therr, but just having sound made life more tolerable.