Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Vette Street Freak/Gasser

James2

Inspired by the Mongoose Motorsports Corvette, the chassis has been modified to use straight axles. Body mods are pretty basic, just smoothed and filled in all the right places.

I used the 62 Corvette Gasser as a donor kit, with a plumbed and wired engine, the chrome was removed and painted with Alclad chrome, interior is stock in a nice cream color with simulated wood grain on the steering wheel.

The finish is Tamiya Pearl Green and Clear, polished slightly. I used the kit headers but made my own tube exhaust. Over all I'm pretty happy with the outcome...

IMG_4878.jpg

IMG_4879.jpg

IMG_4882.jpg

IMG_4880.jpg

IMG_4884.jpg

Edited by James2

Great model ! I was following the in progress posts on this one! I'm not gonna lie, because of your post and the Mongoose version you posted I was inspired to buy one of the Accurate Miniature kits on Ebay. There was/is a guy selling them for $7 plus shipping, minus decals and photoetch parts. Perfect for this kind of build! Thanks for the inspiration, and once again, you did a great job! -Larry

Great model ! I was following the in progress posts on this one! I'm not gonna lie, because of your post and the Mongoose version you posted I was inspired to buy one of the Accurate Miniature kits on Ebay. There was/is a guy selling them for $7 plus shipping, minus decals and photoetch parts. Perfect for this kind of build! Thanks for the inspiration, and once again, you did a great job! -Larry

Thanks Larry, I bought one of those kits too, just for parts!

Not a Corvette gasser sea foam green fan!

But this is killer...bumper, wiper delete and no sponsor decals add to the build.

Plus the cream interior really sets it off.

Great job on a well executed and super clean build.

Slightly polished? Does that add to the realism?