Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ive had the Visible Man and Woman kits for some time, waiting for an idea to make something unique.  Yesterday I found the Visible Horse at a yard sale, and it came to me...make a Visible Centaur!  It's complicated and challenging, but fun.  Starting pics and reference photo:

IMG_3316.PNG

IMG_3319.JPG

IMG_3321.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I never really though about this before. A problem I see with a real centaur, is the way it's designed. Just to fill up the body cavities it would need two sets of organs. Just like your model shows, Chris. How practical is this design in real life? Not very. But being a mythological creature, practically really doesn't matter in the long run. This is brought up in no way to criticize your model Chris. It's great! It just got me thinking. I'm sorry. I can't help it!

All those organs, and only one..... Okay, I better quit. 

Oh. P.S. I'm sorry. But, the one thing I don't like on your model are the tentacles. I think they distract from your model. Rather than ad anything to it. They're to busy. If it's to hide seams, I wouldn't worry about that. No matter how you built the the original kits, there are going to be seams. And they look fine from what I'm seeing of your kit. 

That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it   Thanks.  It’s creativity, it’s my form of art and my idea  Thankfulky creativity has no rules and doesn’t have to please everyone.  Pete Townshend was once asked why he smashed his perfectly good guitars after a show   He said “Because it’s my (expletive) guitar.”  ‘Nuff said   

Oh. P.S. I'm sorry. But, the one thing I don't like on your model are the tentacles. I think they distract from your model. Rather than ad anything to it. They're to busy. If it's to hide seams, I wouldn't worry about that. No matter how you built the the original kits, there are going to be seams. And they look fine from what I'm seeing of your kit. 

That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it.  Thanks.  It’s creativity, it’s my form of art and my idea  Thankfully creativity has no rules and doesn’t have to please everyone.  Pete Townshend was once asked why he smashed his perfectly good guitars after a show   He said “Because it’s my (expletive) guitar.”  ‘Nuff said