Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 Ford Custom Street Machine

Starliner Kustoms

This was a real fun build. I wanted to do the car like a person would have done it in the mid to late 60's. I always have had a love for street machines and when a buddy of mine clued me into a project he was doing it gave me a bit of a boost to get rolling with this one. So I grabbed a set of wheels, tires and a dash mounted tach and away I went. The whole project took 3 weeks to do and was painted using Tamiya paints. The clear however is Testors one coat. I made the flat taillights using clear plastic and shot them with Tamiya clear red. Having built this kit as a Kustom back when it was first issued, I knew what to expect along the way. Overall, I am very pleased with the results and would definitely recommend this kit to anyone looking to do a 57 ford.

20170430_183927.jpg

20170513_151716.jpg

20170513_151833.jpg

20170513_151808.jpg

20170513_151842.jpg

20170513_151821.jpg

20170513_151856.jpg

20170430_185929.jpg

20170513_151705.jpg

Thanks everybody!  Steve Mason Nice build!  Hope to do the AMT version soon.

Thank you as well, but this build of yours is just "OFF the HOOK" beautiful... The good ole 57 Ford Fairlane has been my all~time favorite car since I seen the movie "Thunder Road" back in the early 60s. Amazing oid flick.  I have been back to this post many times to admire your creation here. It's so very cool how it can look like grandma's Sunday church car, but then again like the meanest, evil machine on the highway. Everything about it says something to ya... 
Your talent and skill sure shines here.. 
Thank you for sharing this amazing machine!!!

Thunder Road.jpg

Thunder Road 57 Ford.jpg

Thunder Road Car 8.jpg

Thunder Road Crash 1.jpg

Thunder Road Crash 2.jpg

Edited by Steve "Stangfreak? Mason
Add photo