Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Beach City Corvette: On the bench 8/19/17

Hello......thank you all so very much for your kind comments......I really do appreciate them:).......I got the proof sheet from GWS decals and attached them to the body for size check........I added some details to the front end.......I made some tins for the body.......I made a coil,  steering wheel, and parachute lever.........I also made a parachute brkt.......I modified the 1/18 scale GMP wheels to fit Paul Rowes resin tires and modified the wheels to be removable and also made some hubs......... and modified a scoop to resemble the 1:1 scoop........thanks for looking

DSCF4372_zpsvg2v7vyg.jpg

DSCF4370_zps48mwekjf.jpg

DSCF4369_zps0im1zo7t.jpg

DSCF4368_zpsahv4ghbv.jpg

DSCF4367_zpsil4rgoas.jpg

• Like 1

Hi John, it was nice speaking with you yesterday and I just know we'll get a killer update in the next few days.  I know you have some more things up your sleeve for this car.  cheers, tim

Yes,Tim.......it was nice to get caught up on things......you are a real inspiration to me......can`t wait to see your next up-date too:)

I am diggin' this project. I do have a question. Is it just me, or is the timing cover placed way up too high in this photo? It looks like the position would put the camshaft/fuel pump right into the intake manifold.

DSCF4363_zpsvuw880bj.jpg

Yes,.......it`s just the way I mocked-ed it up by accident.......it will be moved into the correct position .......Mark Johnson resin engines have pins to connect engine parts together .......and I put the timing cover in the wrong hole.......thanks

Edited by John Teresi

Hello........thank you all so very much for the kind comments .....I really do appreciate the:).......I got the chassis painted H.O.K. black and added some roll bar padding I used medical tape and painted  it black ........I got the rear axle attached and the hubs,I painted the brake calipers Alclad and lightly weathered .........I also attached the brake and painted the handle Alclad.......I used a "Pro Tech" T` fitting and "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends........I made a volt pack and got that attached ........I made a floor tin and gas pedal and  painted that Alclad,then misted a Dull coat over the Alclad.......I modified a Paul Rowe resin Bell Housing and painted that with a custom mix of Alclad Steel, and added "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends.......I also modifed some GMP front wheels and painted them Tamiya Gold leaf and made some valve stems and lighly weathered the wheels and tires.......I used some "Top Studio"  toggle switches ........and used some RB Motion Rod ends for the Bell housing braces ......."Nitrozila"  donated a Aurora driver ,that I modified with a Revell driver....... I will work on the front end tomorrow......thanks for looking

DSCF4390_zpsp5pbwoxu.jpg

DSCF4380_zpsz7gpb7eh.jpg

DSCF4382_zpss4xdoerk.jpg

DSCF4381_zpsmzbnm15k.jpg

• Like 1