[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

We're still trying to solve a disk space problem. Unfortunately, it's being stubborn about getting rectified. There will be a long maintenance window this weekend, which I will announce here. Thank you all for being patient. 
tmartin03

'76 Firebird Trans Am -

Hi Guys (and lady's) -

I'm looking to build a replica of my buddy's 1976 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am -

I have the Revell 'Smokey and the Bandit' edition

Looking to see if anyone knows of a aftermarket company that makes a '76 nose for it? I think Reliable Resin did a conversion kit years ago but I can't find that one anywhere online! 

Help?

Thank you -

Tim

I don't think anybody does. I would suggest finding a vintage MPC body/kit on ebay and starting there, using the parts from the most recent MPC '79 Firebird T/A and the '78 Trans Am for a base kit/parts donors.

Edited by Casey

Warning . Avoid dealing with reliable resins . While his parts are quality . He takes the money and runs . Continuous  Reports are made here for years about this Vendor .  Thanx .. 

Besides the front fascia, you'll need a hood too.  The '77-'81 hood is different from '70-'76.

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Besides the front fascia, you'll need a hood too.  The '77-'81 hood is different from '70-'76.

True. Missing Link can supply the shaker hood and two scoop parts: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Resin-25th-MPC-1971-76-Pontiac-Trans-Am-hood-w-shaker-by-missing-link/292368512200?hash=item44128574c8:g:aOAAAOSw8GtZOyaN

3 hours ago, dimaxion said:

Warning . Avoid dealing with reliable resins . While his parts are quality . He takes the money and runs . Continuous  Reports are made here for years about this Vendor .  Thanx .. 

YOU'VE been warned.

11 minutes ago, dimaxion said:

?

The original poster, about dealing with RR, not you specifically.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

The original poster, about dealing with RR, not you specifically.

:rolleyes:

I've started the same kitbash,, almost ,, mine's a '74 but about the same involved.

Revell S&B chassis, etc.

Missing Link hood and scoop.

'74 MPC Firebird body.

I also got a set of decals from Keith Marks.

Only thing is the Revell kit was originally designed as a die-cast so the bottom is flared out a bit more than a plastic kit would be. That means a lot of grinding to get it to fit under the MPC body. I took a bit too much off the sides of mine but that can be easily fixed. The nose is tricky and I see I'll need to grind some off the back of the chassis plate too so the rear pan will fit better.

I really gotta get back to this one. ;)

IMG 1677

IMG 1675

IMG 1695

IMG 1696

Steve... Ours were close mine was a 75....I wish i could build a replica of her but cant find the right parts to kit bash one up....I loved that car.

Here's the 1974 Super-Duty T/A I build years ago. I mixed a 1970 Revell and a 1974 Arii for the front fascia. To create a 1976, you should use most of the 1978 Revell Warbird, including the front bumper.

Missing link Resin also offers Honeycomb wheels.

CIMG2642.JPG

CIMG0157.JPG

CIMG0266.JPG

3 hours ago, disabled modeler said:

Nice..!  The only difference between a 74 and 75 is the 75 has turn signals in the grilles and the larger rear window. 

And a catalytic Converter.  And HEI

10 hours ago, sfhess said:

And a catalytic Converter.  And HEI

LOL..yep I forgot about those..LOL...  Mine had a .30 over 400ci Pontiac engine with ram air heads and exhaust manifolds from a older TA...huge cam...loved it.