Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cobra Racing Team project

cobraman

Just started this project to add another Cobra to the collection . I pancaked the hood on the truck . Adding flares to the rear wheel wells on the Cobra . Will be using different wheels and tires rather than the ones in the kit . I will also replace the plastic tires that are provided for the trailer . Not sure on color yet but truck and car will match . I am thinking I may do the Cobra in sort of a Bonneville salt car style . 

IMG_0190.JPG

IMG_0191.JPG

I managed to do some work on this kit and finished the trailer . Still need to add a tail light . I changed the tires and wheels . Kit has plastic tires . I added a spare tire and also some stained wood on the trailer just to make it a little different . The Cobra shown is not the one I am working on from the kit . 

IMG_0194.JPG

IMG_0196.JPG

IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0195.JPG

I just bought this kit.   I did the same thing on the trailer - used some tires and wheels I had left over from another kit.  Getting ready to spray the trailer and assemble.  Still trying to figure out the color for the truck and I'll build the Cobra as a race car, so it will be blue.  Yours looks good!  Nice work on the truck and flares.