Model Cars Magazine Forum
cobraman

AMT Ford C 600 flatbed Cobra hauler

Starting this truck kit . It will be built as a Carroll Shelby flatbed Cobra hauler and will have a Cobra loaded on it . I lost a rear wheel already as I was stripping chrome and Casey came to the rescue and is sending me one and asking nothing in return . Model builders are the best ! Thank you Casey !!! 

IMG_0214.JPG

Edited by cobraman
claification

My dad was the Fire Chief of our local VFD.  Never forget riding in the C-series tanker truck during parades when I was a young lad.

Edited by afx

I have the papa truck hauler bed stashed if ya need let me know 

Cobra hauler sounds like a great project 

Made some small progress on this project. Should be able to post some pics on Monday.

Looks like either way works. I made mine blue. The web shows blue for trucks and red for marine. But I guess Ford knows best.

534.jpg

534%202.jpg

Color is most likely not correct. I was not trying to keep it as a stock build. Since truck will be blue I just wanted something different for the engine. It is painted with Duplicolor red/orange.

Looks Great so far!! As far as the engine color goes, I used to maintain a firetruck that had a 534 in it and it was red from the factory.

Real neat and clean work Ray. I would have painted the engine red if the truck was blue. What color blue are you waiting on?

Thanks gents.  Carl, I have seen them in two different colors. A light blue and a dark blue. I am not trying to build a replica of one of the Shelby trucks but in the style. I chose a light blue called Big Bad Blue. I think it was a AMC color. I ordered it from ebay but seller sent me primer instead. I now have it coming from two different vendors.

4 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Thanks gents.  Carl, I have seen them in two different colors. A light blue and a dark blue. I am not trying to build a replica of one of the Shelby trucks but in the style. I chose a light blue called Big Bad Blue. I think it was a AMC color. I ordered it from ebay but seller sent me primer instead. I now have it coming from two different vendors.

That is a very nice color Ray....

Big Bad Blue is a very close colour to Petty  Blue. Will look great , interesting build and following this one , great build so far!

Making a bit more progress on this project . The paint finally arrived so I hope to start painting today . The Cobra will be a Cobra under construction . Still a lot of little details to address . 

IMG_0226.JPG

IMG_0227.JPG

IMG_0228.JPG