Model Cars Magazine Forum

Isdera Imperator.....98% scratch build!

Dann Tier

48 minutes ago, capricorn71 said:

Cool!! Nice to see the progress. Looks very promising - well done! So while I only have some stupid CAD files, you have a real model. I see it´s going to be really fine model. 

Yours IS, and WILL be BRILLIANT!!!!...just another way to build!

Hey, everyone!, i've got some great updates here!!...its going like MAGIC!!!!

-Photo 1-5: Apart from the wheels, this 1993 version is my inspiration. Now that the main thing is done, i can start tweaking it into shape.

-Photo 6; Here you can see all the supports i used...i eliminated the rear one, but the others will stay until after the bodies final sanding.

-Photo 7; Time to add Milliput to the top of the fenders, and to properly frame in the windscreens shape.

-Photo 8; These areas are too flat, so i will add styrene to them, and shape them.

-Photo 9; These lines show how i need to shape the front fascia.

-Photo 10; This area is too flat, and needs to be angled back.

-Photo 11&12; I knew i would burn through, but no biggy....thats what putty is for!!

-Photo 13; Sketched out some things just because, and added some styrene to keep the fender putty in place away from the windscreen.

-Photo 14; It was nice to cut the mouth open finally!

-Photo 15; Sometimes i even mask 0ff the areas to be puttied.

-Photo 16; Open, and ready for intercooler detail!

**next steps; shape the front fenders...add front indicators...make rockers...final sand, and then open all windows, vents, and doors!!

DSCF9692.JPG

DSCF9693.JPG

DSCF9694.JPG

DSCF9695.JPG

DSCF9696.JPG

DSCF9697.JPG

DSCF9702.JPG

DSCF9703.JPG

DSCF9704.JPG

DSCF9705.JPG

DSCF9706.JPG

DSCF9707.JPG

DSCF9708.JPG

DSCF9709.JPG

DSCF9711.JPG

DSCF9710.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

This is GREAT!

It will be a very cool model!

BTW: the parts offered by gbtr6 won‘t fit. The Nazca M12 has a BMW V12 engine. The Isdera Imperator uses a Mercedes V8 engine (M119). The rear axle is from the Porsche 928. Regarding the front axle I am not sure. It‘ s a double wishbone configuration. 

8 hours ago, capricorn71 said:

This is GREAT!

It will be a very cool model!

BTW: the parts offered by gbtr6 won‘t fit. The Nazca M12 has a BMW V12 engine. The Isdera Imperator uses a Mercedes V8 engine (M119). The rear axle is from the Porsche 928. Regarding the front axle I am not sure. It‘ s a double wishbone configuration. 

Thanks, Bud!...i hope it will be cool in the end!...I havent really decided if i am gonna make the "real" engine found in the car, or do what i quite often do -upgrade the engine, but i was in awareness of that  -thanks for clarifying though!  I may just leave the Replica stock thing to you, lol...yours is gonna be SOOOO COOL!!! i really like the fact that you are doing a different version than me...now there will be TWO Imperators instead of none!!

Hey, everyone!, as far as the bodies construction is concerned, i'm done....next two steps will be softening the edges, then start cutting open the windows, and vents!

-Photo 1; The Milliput worked a treat for those fender arches!

-Photo 6; To recreate body details, i added tint square stock, then filled it in with Tamiya putty, and blended it in.

-Photo 7; Using tiny bits of styrene, i needed to make the front indicator surrounds.

-Photo 8; Three things happened here...one; i needed to add a crossmember to the top of the cowl...two;after i cut open the cowl, i need to remove a section for a proper window area, and i also needed to straighten out the inner edges of the sail panels.

DSCF9712.JPG

DSCF9713.JPG

DSCF9714.JPG

DSCF9715.JPG

DSCF9716.JPG

DSCF9717.JPG

DSCF9718.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

23 hours ago, beeRS said:

Wow. This must be your most ambitious project yet, Dann. You are doing an amazing job! This kinda reminds me of a scratch built Lotus Esprit I built as a kid.

Keep going. This'll be fantastic.

Thanks, Bud! it sure is....I love Esprits!!