Model Cars Magazine Forum

Part 2 Cobra Coupe try this link

Peter Lombardo

13 hours ago, Peter Lombardo said:

Sorry, my google account is set for "Share", but it is not sharing this album.   Try this link    https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipPSlRgKSqDFJzpMJOtnV78z6XChDL0DS0Ffb9hg  See if it works for you.

Is the Coupe the HRM with mods or the Gunze kit with more mods or one of the other resin  Daytona kits.  I do not remember any of them having opening doors.

Okay..... these are all 1/24 kits.   The Ferrari 612 in a modified, very modified, Revell kit.  The Mustang is a Revell kit with opened doors and trunk and a resin motor with the Weber carb. set up  The Cobra roadster is a Fujimi kit with the doors opened and the front suspension modified to get the stance right.  The Cobra coupe is the curbside Gunze kit.  I opened the hood and doors (not easy to do on this kit) .  I spoke with Harold Bradford at HRM, many years ago and he, very generously sold me the engine and under hood parts necessary to convert the curbside kit.  This is as close as I could make the chassis number CSX 2299 as it looks now.  Today it carries number 13, but I left the number off the build and luckily, I had a couple of "Dan Gurney for President" decals on a decal sheet I picked up about 20 years ago just waiting for this build.   Thanks for looking, and thanks for asking..  

19 hours ago, Peter Lombardo said:

Okay..... these are all 1/24 kits.   The Ferrari 612 in a modified, very modified, Revell kit.  The Mustang is a Revell kit with opened doors and trunk and a resin motor with the Weber carb. set up  The Cobra roadster is a Fujimi kit with the doors opened and the front suspension modified to get the stance right.  The Cobra coupe is the curbside Gunze kit.  I opened the hood and doors (not easy to do on this kit) .  I spoke with Harold Bradford at HRM, many years ago and he, very generously sold me the engine and under hood parts necessary to convert the curbside kit.  This is as close as I could make the chassis number CSX 2299 as it looks now.  Today it carries number 13, but I left the number off the build and luckily, I had a couple of "Dan Gurney for President" decals on a decal sheet I picked up about 20 years ago just waiting for this build.   Thanks for looking, and thanks for asking..  

Thanks for the detailed explanation.  I know I was not the only one scratching my head.   Excellent job on all of them given how we were not sure the source of the kits and all the improvements you did.  Have you brought them to the NNL East before.  I am sure if I saw them I would have a lot of pictures.  Kudos the Brad @ HRM - he has made special parts for me as well.  That will be our little secret.