Model Cars Magazine Forum

Romancing the Stone Little Mule

Pepe the Little Mule, built from Revell's '80 Ford Bronco. The base kit is really close, but needed a lot of little details changed including a reshaped grille guard, relocated sideview mirrors, bench seat, custom roll bar with 6x driving lights, dual gas cans, and a rolled rear pan. I used tires from a couple of diecast cars mounted on rims from HoppersBazaar, and the sidepipes were from an AMT Camaro. The door decals were from a recent Slixx set.  A full writeup of what went into this build is available here, any comments/criticisms are welcome!

little-mule-01.jpg.638cf5fa3dba8fe21dc34798daef5188.jpg

little-mule-02.jpg.3e087bf9ed3fb0706b3ee24002fac1f7.jpg

little-mule-03.jpg.058f7c8e54b171535c5da7eba1709a96.jpg

little-mule-04.jpg.975db9144454448042a8e56d939f2516.jpg

little-mule-05.jpg.c2e91c1a83bf59f1458f464ffc56b697.jpg

SO COOL!!!!! That one is on my list to build....love movie cars! Did not know Slixx did the decal....what set???

Only thing I see missing is the 'MULE' on the hood!!!! I bought some N scale train mules that I will modify to a kicking one.....then Moto chrome pen paint it. 

Thx

Thanks, guys!

34 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

SO COOL!!!!! That one is on my list to build....love movie cars! Did not know Slixx did the decal....what set???

Only thing I see missing is the 'MULE' on the hood!!!! I bought some N scale train mules that I will modify to a kicking one.....then Moto chrome pen paint it. 

Thx

Good catch! I haven't found a mule figure that I really liked as a starting point yet, so at the moment I'm just leaving it off. If I do, or if I get inspired to carve one myself, I'll be updating this build.  As for the decals, they're on the "Gasser Mini Sheet #36," available here: http://www.slixx.com/8060.htm?id=5505

Oh man great build.I Loved that truck and wanted it so bad when I was a kid.After all the movie came out in 84.And it was a great movie.By the way,is It fire proof?

"Ok Pepe let's lose them.I can't hurt my favorite pig..This guys crazier than I'am.You see that river,you mean the one without the bridge??Ahhhhhh."

Edited by NYLIBUD

• 5 months later...

UPDATE! I finally got around to making the hood ornament, so now Pepe is truly and properly finished.

little-mule-06.jpg.0efbf00a8431674b155329cc223ab834.jpg

It started out as a set of N scale horses, which I Frankensteined together to get the overall shape then added the ears, tail, and muzzle. The left front leg is a piece of wire that goes into the body and down through the hood as a mount. The whole thing was smoothed off with superglue and putty, and painted with Molotow Liquid Chrome

little-mule-07.jpg

Edited by spencer1984

• 2 months later...