Model Cars Magazine Forum

Desert Scale Classic XV - April 13

gasser59

Thanks for the great pictures. Congratulations to John Teresi and his amazing radial pickup, very imaginative! Congrats to all that won or participated, some very fine models. I am afraid I bailed before the first entry went on the tables, so I missed the whole point. Old age, I miss a lot of stuff :)

I did not see anything that I needed at the swap either. I missed finding Kurt's Coke cooler and never saw a kit that I wanted at a price I could pay. I did visit with a few friends and said hi to a few others and went home with my wallet intact.

Great event!!  It was really nice to be back to what I have always considered my "home" contest.  Everyone is very friendly, the venue was great, and the judging is very fair and well done.  Thank you to Dan, Bernie , and the rest of the crew for a well run contest.   My weekend started in San Luis Obispo, CA with TSA destroying my well packed models, or at least I thought they were well packed!  I started out with eight models and salvaged six of them.  The models were in three clear, stackable totes that clipped together.  Somehow TSA managed to turn the whole set up over in the Xray machine and parts and pieces came out the other end!  The first three pictures show the before and the last three the aftermath!  Needless to say I was not happy!  I found out from a nice young lady at the contest I could request a private screening from TSA which I did at Sky Harbor and the models were not trashed and made it home safely.  Live and learn!!

IMG_20190408_211301354.jpg

IMG_20190408_204217500.jpg

IMG_20190408_203245687.jpg

IMG_20190412_091506287_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190412_091503915.jpg

IMG_20190412_091500432.jpg

23 minutes ago, majel said:

Great event!!  It was really nice to be back to what I have always considered my "home" contest.  Everyone is very friendly, the venue was great, and the judging is very fair and well done.  Thank you to Dan, Bernie , and the rest of the crew for a well run contest.   My weekend started in San Luis Obispo, CA with TSA destroying my well packed models, or at least I thought they were well packed!  I started out with eight models and salvaged six of them.  The models were in three clear, stackable totes that clipped together.  Somehow TSA managed to turn the whole set up over in the Xray machine and parts and pieces came out the other end!  The first three pictures show the before and the last three the aftermath!  Needless to say I was not happy!  I found out from a nice young lady at the contest I could request a private screening from TSA which I did at Sky Harbor and the models were not trashed and made it home safely.  Live and learn!!

IMG_20190408_211301354.jpg

IMG_20190408_204217500.jpg

IMG_20190408_203245687.jpg

IMG_20190412_091506287_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190412_091503915.jpg

IMG_20190412_091500432.jpg

Jim......so very sorry to hear about the TSA.......that sucks........but,I agree with you Danno, Bernie and the Club put on another AWESOME show......and the BBQ is Great......you guys are the best

On 4/15/2019 at 1:33 PM, gasser59 said:

And taking Best of Show was John Teresi's radial powered pickup. This was so deserving and superb in every way. Scratch-built details everywhere you looked. Congrats lil' brother.

DSCN0398.jpg

Black magic should be disallowed.

Great pics Brad, thanks for sharing.