Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lifetime Subscription Progress

Just curious as to how the effort is going to get the magazine back ? Gregg seemed pretty stoked about being able to get the magazine going again with some support, which unfortunately for me is a little too rich right now but I hope to be able to send in some money later this year.

Sure hope he is successful, I know a lot of people are pulling for him!

It's an intriguing idea. I was going to opt for it but the premium for a Canadian subscription was quite high. I hope there is some success with this endeavour. If I can scrape together some more disposable cash I'll be going for it.

20 minutes ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Was looking on the magazine page. Did a search on lifetime. According to this link http://www.modelcarsmag.com/lifetime-subscriptions-sold-out/ the lifetime subscriptions have sold out. Thanks to all that made it happen.

So we should see a magazine sooner rather than later, given Gregg's optimism in his original post. Sure hope the new plan can sustain the continuation of the magazine, would hate for it to not.

53 minutes ago, crazyjim said:

Last issue was over a year ago.  At the rate it's going,  my one year subscription will last at least 6 more years.

Well, Gregg said if he could raise the funding, he could get 3-4 magazines out and I am pretty sure he has been assembling content for this so hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised Jim. I know a lot of people are hoping this is going to happen and it sounds like it could.

Just a thought I had today about the long term survival of the magazine and I know it might be a complicated one but here goes:

What if Gregg was to allow the selling of kits here and charged a small fee to use toward supporting the magazine and this forum? 

Edited by mikemodeler

1 hour ago, High octane said:

I think the selling of kits on the forum would be like an accident just waiting to happen.

I am also a stamp collector.   I just came from a stamp board I frequent, much like this one.

They have a sales area.  It brings in a different element. The folks who sell, for the most part, do not participate in the message center at all.They are just dumping their listings onto a venue. Of the 800 items for sale, 600 are from one seller, way overpriced and rarely sell.  As buyers go through the sales area, and are forced to go through page after page of his overpriced drek, I'm sure many of them just stop looking, which destroys the venue for the rest of the sellers.  

On 6/5/2019 at 5:54 PM, bobthehobbyguy said:

Was looking on the magazine page. Did a search on lifetime. According to this link http://www.modelcarsmag.com/lifetime-subscriptions-sold-out/ the lifetime subscriptions have sold out. Thanks to all that made it happen.

well, not sure what is up with that, but I JUST followed the subscription link from another thread, and paid....I wonder what now.

9 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Just a thought I had today about the long term survival of the magazine and I know it might be a complicated one but here goes:

What if Gregg was to allow the selling of kits here and charged a small fee to use toward supporting the magazine and this forum? 

There are many threads where this has been discussed. Not going to happen. Gregg knows the trouble it would cause. Use eBay, they are set up for the disputes.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got "the other mag" yesterday and it had me wondering how much longer before Gregg is able to publish and distribute the magazine? I sure hope his silence is an indication of how busy he has been getting the issues ready!

The July/August issue of the IPMS Journal has an MCM ad on page 21. "Subscribe today and get 9 great issues, including the sectacular contest issue for less than $4 an issue."  There's no price, just a phone number 303 296-1600 and email address.  Kind of strange since 303 is in Colorado and not Hawaii.