Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lola T-70 Mk III

Scale-Master

While doing a periodical mock-up of the main parts I noticed the front end had somehow incurred five fractures around the wheel well, headlight and driving light openings.  I know this blue plastic is very brittle, but this was a surprise. 

As much as I intended to install the headlight buckets after the body was painted I went ahead and did so after repairing the damage for added strength.

wSZvXVD.jpg

The driving lights did not align well with the openings in the body.  I also thought the openings looked bland being just holes in the nose.  I machined two tubes from aluminum impregnated resin and faired them into the nose.  This should also help to reinforce the nose where it has been cracking. The inward facing openings of them were shaped to accept the lights.

Wg7zNya.jpg

er0joAq.jpg

"I figure out what I want and figure out how to do it.  Then do it."   Couldn't have said it better myself Mark.  You exemplify scratch-building itself.  Great to see you really moving forward with this build.  The tweeks you did to the front end ARE noticeable and appreciated as well.   cheers, tim

• Like 1