Model Cars Magazine Forum

48 Chevy Fleetline - old school bomb

geetee66

On 8/12/2019 at 10:00 AM, dino246gt said:

Here's the part to be removed, some styrene added then re-installed to clear the driveshaft and the diff. I also "mini-tubbed" it, sliced the inner fenders, added styrene then re-installed them:

P1200184.thumb.JPG.aa69e5c327cfb08f8c4da504900b49c3.JPG

P1200176.JPG

IMG_9042re.JPG

You know while looking at the pictures I didn't look at who posted them..Then I see the chassis upside down and think Hey, thats Dennis Ezmerlian's work..Sure enough..That is one of the nicest completed models of that that I've seen..

1 hour ago, mariojr said:

Love the paint job. You mind me asking what kind of tape you used?

Thanks

the tape is Tamiya and 3M Scotch '3434' blue.

I'm applying the clearcoat at the moment. The sparkle is coming back. But I'm getting a gritty finish on the roof. Dunno why. It's ok, it'll rub out

IMG_3735.JPG

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, gman said:

Excellent skills all around.

The faux wood work on the dash is excellent. I would be very interested in hearing about how you did those seats-  a very in-scale upholstery look you have there.

Thanks!

I used chalk pastels to create depth on the seat cushions.

fitting the wheels and body tonight ?

16 hours ago, Limeyglue said:

the paint is brilliant.Can you tell me what you use for your lace pattern as i am after something similar for my 62 Catalina i'm building.

I'm glad you like it, guys.

I used nail art water slide decals for the lace. Got 'em on eBay for a quid. Pick the sheet of lace, rather than those pre-cut for nails. It gives you more to play with .

here's a link for you:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F152359781872?

Edited by geetee66

10 hours ago, misterNNL said:

I love this engine. The wiring has a very natural drape to it and the use of dark stains to the side cover and bell housing are spot on. Nicely done.

Thanks man! This kit has spark plugs moulded into the engine, which meant I could fit the wires to the ends, rather than drill holes like I normally do. I manipulated the wires with cocktail sticks to get them in the right spot. 

Hmm

I test fitted during construction, but now I'm about to do final assembly, I have a big gap at the windscreen end of the hood. 

The front end won't move closer to the body, as it's prevented by the radiator pressing against the bodywork. The body can't shuffle forward to meet the hood, as it's prevented by the chassis pressing on the inside edge of the body.

looks ok in these photos, but I need to think hard about how I'll fix this problem...?

IMG_3798.JPG

IMG_3799.JPG

IMG_3800.JPG