Model Cars Magazine Forum

boy, am i stoked

as i live in the bootheel of missouri i have very little contact with modelers in person and have never entered any models in anything other than a local walmart contest 40 years ago so its mainly thru the internet.  today i sold a built model of al vanderwoude's flying dutchman funny car to his son don.  this is very gratifying to me as ive never had a model accepted by one of the magazines and dont enter contests.

i guess im tootin my own horn but i dont want this post to be viewed as such; rather just a guy in the middle of nowhere sharing a positive moment in his modeling life.

7 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

This is a good post Jeff. For a number of reasons. The best one to me,  The internet has made the modeling world a little closer. 

over the years ive found this site to be the best, no snobbiness, genuine appreciation of others work and seems guys here are always willing to help out with parts, etc.  ive both given n received stuff for free here.

Hey Jeff!  Since you say you live in the "boot heal of Missouri" and have never been to a major event,  I'm personally inviting you to NNL East!  This is a national event that people from all over the USA and Canada attend, along with a couple of International folks every year!  You will meet a couple dozen of board regulars in person too!  Save your pennies, book your air early for the best rates and come on East!  You have until April 25, 2020 to save! You will be amazed!  Details are in my signature at the bottom of every post!  

2 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Hey Jeff!  Since you say you live in the "boot heal of Missouri" and have never been to a major event,  I'm personally inviting you to NNL East!  This is a national event that people from all over the USA and Canada attend, along with a couple of International folks every year!  You will meet a couple dozen of board regulars in person too!  Save your pennies, book your air early for the best rates and come on East!  You have until April 25, 2020 to save! You will be amazed!  Details are in my signature at the bottom of every post!  

Having been several times (and I try to go every year,) I will vouch. Tom and his team puts on the best show you'll see anywhere. No trophies except for a couple of popular-vote awards and a President's choice. It's a day of fun and fellowship. And quite a few people come from the Midwest. You could fly in from St. Louis or take the train, or it's about a two-day drive each way to be comfortable from you.

Charlie Larkin