Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lincoln Futura

Scale-Master

I started this at least 15 years ago for a movie themed contest, but I decided not to go to the show and shelved it.  I came across it last week and thought I should take a shot at finishing it since it was mostly done.  It's from the movie It Started With a Kiss and this is how it looked before it became the Batmobile.  Being a 63 year old kit it has some issues.  The chrome on the bumpers wasn't the best so it didn't seem like it was worth it to BMF the side trim as I originally planned.  Plus there are other fit issues I didn't worry about fixing.  I just had fun finishing it as a sidekick for the Batmobile. 

C91esAd.jpg

eCPdZQd.jpg

z8rMTnt.jpg

u3X3MCA.jpg

BMx6tVX.jpg

9EZPhBF.jpg

X8lGLnn.jpg

zwsqk5C.jpg

Thanks guys! 

For a multi-piece body it can be assembled into a nice piece if you don't follow the instructions but figure it out logically.  The chrome has fit issues that are a problem to fix because of re-plating. 

I just used the chrome parts as they were from the kit.  It is very bright but also has sprue points in visible spots and different sized gaps.