Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 impala

tbill

On 12/2/2020 at 4:41 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

I'm guessing that you saw my finished '64 Grand Prix build that I referenced early in this thread.

I really liked how the color came out!

The color came from Scale Finishes.

image.jpeg.c4b476d834a13df4274996894b90a2ca.jpeg

You do a beautiful job Steve. I like this color and the combo with white interior.

Perry

Steve

I'm starting to like this color more and more. Just need to find the appropriate model for it. Great looking engine and the wire looms work well as does the finish on the exhaust manifolds. They have a perfect color and the finish like a casted part would have.  

7 hours ago, espo said:

I'm starting to like this color more and more. Just need to find the appropriate model for it. Great looking engine and the wire looms work well as does the finish on the exhaust manifolds. They have a perfect color and the finish like a casted part would have.  

It has that quality, right? I've got a '60 DeSoto glue bomb that might wear that just fine, or my '60 Imperial custom project I'm anxious to get moving on, or my Dave Deal Glitterbug, or my...

I think this could coordinate well with a dark gray in a sort of hot rod homage to 55 Chevy's coral and gray 2-tone. At any rate, I think this Impala is going to have a striking appearance, in a very good way!