Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri - Ferrari 275 GTS (Spyder N.A.R.T.)

89AKurt

57 minutes ago, Rich Chernosky said:

Kurt...both kits are the Fujimi Enthusiast series Daytona's...a berlinetta and the spyder. Bodies are all finished and polished nicely. Just have to make room in the Ferrari case for them. 

I built this last century, so you have a treat awaiting.  The tools have been floating around all this time.  Now I have 2 berlinetta kits, one sealed and the other without tire/wire wheels (cheaper than finding the Fujimi wheel set!).
2252866941_131edb313a_c.jpg

56 minutes ago, DukeE said:

Looks like $40k to me ? or a nice scale $1600. Knock-off hammers often boogered up a bit. Fun build, doing it far beyond justice. 

?  I'm going all-out OCD on this one.  Also learning about something called patience.

2 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

I built this last century, so you have a treat awaiting.  The tools have been floating around all this time.  Now I have 2 berlinetta kits, one sealed and the other without tire/wire wheels (cheaper than finding the Fujimi wheel set!).
2252866941_131edb313a_c.jpg

That's absolutly gorgeous considering you did it long ago. Hope mine turns out as good. Both mine are Tamiya TS8 red. I have that set of wire wheels BTW. Fujimi makes the best plastic wires around. 

6 hours ago, Rich Chernosky said:

That's absolutly gorgeous considering you did it long ago. Hope mine turns out as good. Both mine are Tamiya TS8 red. I have that set of wire wheels BTW. Fujimi makes the best plastic wires around. 

Thanks!  Be sure to drill all the holes in the seats. ?  Have you checked the prices for the Fujimi wire wheels set?  ?

1 hour ago, beeRS said:

OMG. The tool bag is just a model by itself! The detail is truly amazing.

I'm loving watching this come together. 

? I know right?   Thanks for the comment.

On 1/25/2020 at 7:52 AM, Funkychiken said:

Great finish on the paint, and that tool bag is cool!

I'm about psyched to polish it out.  And thanks!

On 1/25/2020 at 8:24 AM, porschercr said:

Hey... no comments from the peanut gallery...?

?

On 1/27/2020 at 1:32 PM, ATHU said:

That tool bag........:wub::wub::wub:

Aw shucks. ?

On 1/27/2020 at 1:50 PM, dino246gt said:

I cannot get over the detail of that tool roll, man that's something, WOW!

Thank you too!

2 hours ago, DukeE said:

Now he’s got that, I think he’s going to try to finish the build with those tools. ?

I know right? ?

4 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

I agree 100%!!!!

Always appreciate seeing you drop in! ?

I've been so focused on The Green Barge that I neglected to check in here, always appreciate the comments! ?  I'm planning to send out parts to get chrome plated.  I did this last century for a project, made a HUGE improvement.  In the case here, the back bumper has a blemish (needle pointing to), even though it's on the bottom, it still bugs me.  The knock-off spinners are small parts with two attachment points to fix.  The bumper ends, of course, are attachment points that would show up.  So removing all the parts and cleaning up the edges, and one sink mark pop-out, would be worth the trouble.
IMG_1451_Fotor.jpg.7ae91eb1542bc1fb93d59664440b4ddb.jpg

For the record, the dash is for the 1948 Chevy Canopy Express (Bring Out Your Dead contender) which has the instruments, and trim that are stainless steel, easier to get chromed, then paint; I ought to make those door handles too.   The VW emblem is for another forever WIP, have not done a topic yet, but made a New Year resolution to get it done.

49 minutes ago, jaymcminn said:

I've been watching this build and it just gets better and better. I built the Spyder a few years back in bronze with the HRM Campagnolo wheels and liked how it turned out, but the work you're doing here is next-level!

Cool! ?  You were lucky to get those wheels, another example of get it the second you see it's available.  Thank you very much.

Polished the paint, been 11 days since I touched it.  Guess this is good enough for gubmint work.

Got the polishing emory cloth set from Detail Master last century, used brand new pieces.
IMG_1453_Fotor.jpg.e1aada8fa68d4f24848ea51d5490a824.jpg

I've seen people saying they use Novus, so I recently got some and have tried it out.  Need to work fast with it, softens the paint so the risk of leaving fingerprints and paper towel imprints is high.  Going to avoid touching for awhile again.
IMG_1454_Fotor.jpg.5f160b85ac6f7178c74f5fc4014383f9.jpg
IMG_1455_Fotor.jpg.b0a4cc60af9586abea60adf07958c149.jpg
IMG_1456_Fotor.jpg.7721438268779717da530f98b3cf744f.jpg

I should be happy. ?

On 1/29/2020 at 10:13 PM, porschercr said:

Looks very nice.

Oh good.... thanks!

On 1/30/2020 at 1:32 AM, Dann Tier said:

I'd be happy with that too!!

Thank you too! ?

3 hours ago, dino246gt said:

Yes you should be happy, it looks fabulous! Ciao!

Appreciate it. ?

Thinking of putting in the truck cab to help cure some more, trying to not touch it!  I'm also waiting on wires that I ordered.

6 hours ago, Belugawrx said:

That colour is beauty Kurt, nice job bringing out the shine

I've been hooked on that novus system for a couple years...works a treat.. I use the #3 and #2..then shine it out with Meguiar's ULTIMATE polish

[...]

Looking good 

Thanks for the tip!  I have a 246GTS in my stash, just in case.  And thank you!

Received wire and Detail Master goodies today, so started on the engine bay rats nest.  Made the fittings that go on the fuel pump, with DM nut, you can barely see the second on on the fender.
IMG_1473_Fotor.jpg.8989ae7ce0c193a3a8e0b8c49cc2cc94.jpg

Since the air cleaner covers so much of the engine, was not too worried about carb details, but the yellow fuel line is an obvious feature.  Adding aluminum wire/hose support clamps.  Started the wire loom, what a PITA that is.
IMG_1475_Fotor.jpg.586673bfba0e41ef74fce70257eb93c6.jpg