Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
Mr mopar

A few new Round 2 kit coming out ......

Recommended Posts

I think the latest regular Peterbilt 352 Pacemaker without the Coke decals came in 2012-13 and the Coca Cola kit came 2017, something has happened with the kit prices the last 5-6 years.
Labour and material isn't free even in China and the transportation has gone up and then you have the exchange rate and how it is at the time the kits arrive and what margin the wholesaler has and the LHS will also take out a margin so they can make somekind of profit and stay in business.
We have the same problem in Sweden.

Edited by Force

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Force said:

I think the latest regular Peterbilt 352 Pacemaker without the Coke decals came in 2012-13 and the Coca Cola kit came 2017, something has happened with the kit prices the last 5-6 years.
Labour and material isn't free even in China and the transportation has gone up and then you have the exchange rate and how it is at the time the kits arrive and what margin the wholesaler has and the LHS will also take out a margin so they can make somekind of profit and stay in business.
We have the same problem in Sweden.

I Agree with you force !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2019 at 4:24 AM, Mr mopar said:

Maybe in the states ,but in in Canada way more  At the LHS Peterbilt pacemaker $42.95  coke Peterbilt $60.99  you can't tell me there not the same .

The same time - as in released at the same time. Not comparing previous releases to current ones. Round2's prices have constantly slid up with truck kits being MSRP'd at $47 last year, $49 this year and $52 for some kits that will be out in 1Q 2020.

 

Edited by niteowl7710

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately the container trailer is a European style with spread axle bogie and the kingpin quite far back and not the American style wich would have been more suitable for American trucks...but that can be changed.

Edited by Force

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's amazing what can be done with a little imagination!

62034734_1205892816258938_7036910495491686400_n.jpg

61977218_1205894749592078_3253705676844695552_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Casey said:

AMT119640FtContainerTrailer.thumb.jpg.d687248f10e45d2cb5b58bff0fcc6ade.jpg

Is this a hint of what the Freightliner will look like ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

Is this a hint of what the Freightliner will look like ?

 

I doubt it.  It'll probably be Coca-Cola.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jim B said:

I doubt it.  It'll probably be Coca-Cola.

I hope not no more coke stuff  PLEASE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Force said:

Unfortunately the container trailer is a European style with spread axle bogie and the kingpin quite far back and not the American style wich would have been more suitable for American trucks...but that can be changed.

Surprised it's not in a Coke livery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Force said:

Unfortunately the container trailer is a European style with spread axle bogie and the kingpin quite far back and not the American style wich would have been more suitable for American trucks...but that can be changed.

Yes, it can be changed and quite easily also.

HPIM1522.thumb.JPG.8b08f4bca5962fbec745ba49b1b133a5.JPG

I used an AMT Freuhauf flatbed tandem as a guide (since the chassis is a Freuhauf also) and cut the front axle and springs and relocated them to make a more standard American chassis tandem and some spoke wheels from the parts box.

HPIM2160.thumb.JPG.3a2aec26feb8b18e259e38bbe3405a87.JPG

HPIM2161.thumb.JPG.cdf8a82477806c932f14d5b5883490c6.JPG

A little relocation of the kingpin to set the entire chassis and trailer back from the cab and looks fine behind an American truck. 

HPIM2159.thumb.JPG.1b8ce5c27a380f4f6c39d5b0c5da907d.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion, I find it unbelievable that this old Revell trailer fom the 80's has been re-released.

external-content.duckduckgo_com.jpg.0b42df456d3f0d5e72c195d913bed324.jpg

Source

What I also find a bit strange is that this trailer was originally a 1/25 scale, and now with this re-issue, as a 1/24 get sold.

This scale 1/25 was intended for the 1/25 European trucks, like the Revell Volvo Globetrotter and the Mercedes Benz 1628, both also from the 80's.

Anyway, the modified examples that I see here in this topic look a lot better than the old-fashioned axle spread, which we no longer have here in Europe for ages.

Hermann.

Edited by Hermann Kersten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hermann Kersten said:

In my opinion, I find it unbelievable that this old Revell trailer fom the 80's has been re-released.

external-content.duckduckgo_com.jpg.0b42df456d3f0d5e72c195d913bed324.jpg

Source

What I also find a bit strange is that this trailer was originally a 1/25 scale, and now with this re-issue, as a 1/24 get sold.

This scale 1/25 was intended for the 1/25 European trucks, like the Revell Volvo Globetrotter and the Mercedes Benz 1628, both also from the 80's.

Anyway, the modified examples that I see here in this topic look a lot better than the old-fashioned axle spread, which we no longer have here in Europe for ages.

Hermann.

If I'm not wrong this was a Italeri 1/24th  kit first then Revell Germany got the molds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Surprised it's not in a Coke livery. 

I don't think Coca Cola have any own shipping containers. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

If I'm not wrong this was a Italeri 1/24th  kit first then Revell Germany got the molds

I don't think Revell ever had the molds,  the Revell issue is most likely a straight rebox of the Italeri kit.
Revell Germany has issued several Italeri kits over the years.

Edited by Force

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Force said:

I don't think Revell ever had the molds,  the Revell issue is most likely a straight rebox of the Italeri kit.
Revell Germany has issued several Italeri kits over the years.

I had that Revell issue.  The only difference vs. the Italeri kits was that the Revell version had hollow rubber tyres (which perished after a few years 😕 ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

If I'm not wrong this was a Italeri 1/24th  kit first then Revell Germany got the molds

You may be right, I am not sure exactly how the situation was at that time.

59 minutes ago, dodgefever said:

I don't think Revell ever had the molds,  the Revell issue is most likely a straight rebox of the Italeri kit.
Revell Germany has issued several Italeri kits over the years.

Indeed, and often the decals at Revell are more extensive and, in my opinion, also nicer.

In some cases the Revell kits are also priced more competitively than those from Italeri, at least in our region .

Hermann.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Force said:

I don't think Revell ever had the molds,  the Revell issue is most likely a straight rebox of the Italeri kit.
Revell Germany has issued several Italeri kits over the years.

I agree with you it was a straight rebox .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Hermann Kersten said:

You may be right, I am not sure exactly how the situation was at that time.

Indeed, and often the decals at Revell are more extensive and, in my opinion, also nicer.

In some cases the Revell kits are also priced more competitively than those from Italeri, at least in our region .

Hermann.

The decals in my P&O container trailer from italeri had Cartograf decals they look very nice !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, dodgefever said:

I had that Revell issue.  The only difference vs. the Italeri kits was that the Revell version had hollow rubber tyres (which perished after a few years 😕 ).

Yes Revell did put in other tires and they did not hold up well over time, the Italeri version had two piece plastic tires.
I have a couple of old Revell builds where the hollow rubberfront tires collapsed under the weight of the cab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...