Model Cars Magazine Forum
vamach1

MENG 1/12 GT40 Mark II ??

That looks like the old Trumpeter box thats been reprinted. It's now called a US Sports Car instead of a Ford and the manufacturer is stated as Magnifire

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10696114

Meanwhile Meng have gone quiet on their  1/12 version they said they have coming to market

Boxtop_1.jpg

10696114p.jpg

For the ultimate multi medium GT40 kit have a look at Creative Miniature Associates website.

If you’re wondering what a large-scale pre-coloured no-glue Meng model looks like more or less OOB with a bit of TLC:

best,

M.

I got that GT 40 (magnifier )a month or so ago. It has the decals to do the blue car. Did the Trumpeter kit ( same kit ) include those ??

Posted (edited)

Could it be unsold production?

What is the quality of the Magnifer kit?

Edited by iBorg

It looks pretty good to me. Don't have the other to compare it to but I suspect they are the same.

5 hours ago, cobraman said:

I got that GT 40 (magnifier )a month or so ago. It has the decals to do the blue car. Did the Trumpeter kit ( same kit ) include those ??

It only had the #2 decals.  Someone on Ebay sells the other MKII # decals for about $20.

2 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Kit was released in Japan this morning, and Hobby Search has photos of all the parts, plus the entire instructions.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10696114

You are referring to the Magnifer (Trumpeter) kit and not the MENG kit, correct?

10 hours ago, vamach1 said:

You are referring to the Magnifer (Trumpeter) kit and not the MENG kit, correct?

Correct the Trumpie/Magnafire is what is most recently being discussed in the thread. 

This Trumpie/Magnafire  kit looks pretty good ,there's a good review on you tube i may have to pick one up ,KA models still sells the super detail kit , but it's to much $$ for me !

Interesting to see that there is no Ford License, but they managed to get the F O R D decals as seperate letters and only mention the decalnumbers in the instructions, without showing the letters.

I am wondering if there is still lettering on the tyres as well, in the 1999 picture it appears to be blank sidewalls, but it is hard to tell.