Model Cars Magazine Forum

2006 Dodge Magnum

4cefed

Long Time lurker, first time poster.

Had some time off over Xmas so finally started the 2006 Dodge magnum that I have had in the stash.

Plans for it is Mango Tango exterior, Front and Rear Lip kit and lowering on stock wheels. 

Trying to keep it as simple as possible so i finish this one...

So far almost completed the interior (need to do some final detailing and clean up), I have lowered it about 3 scale inches.

Interior is a mix of satin black, Cream and a grey

Ben

Engine.jpg

Interior.jpeg

Pass Front.jpg

Pass Rear.jpg

Stock Height.jpeg

12 minutes ago, VanSpence said:

Woah, that is a great looking wagon. What kit is this if I may ask? Brand? Looks like I might have to source one out. 

Revell 06 Dodge Magnum, always loved this shape of wagon sadly we only got the 300C wagons and they are not as sexy in the front as these

3 hours ago, VanSpence said:

Woah, that is a great looking wagon. What kit is this if I may ask? Brand? Looks like I might have to source one out. 

Revell made that back when that car was new. I built one and it went together pretty easily without any surprises IIRC.

Very nice work so far! Only criticism I have of the kit are the tires. They're correct for an RT, but an SRT should have lower profile tires. I ended up using the rear tires out of Revell's Corvette C6 for all fours on the Magnum.

6 minutes ago, mrmike said:

Ben, may I suggest that you remove the backing from the grille and use some photoetch as a grille insert.  This helps the look substantially.

It takes a bit of work, but I agree with MrMike.  I did one, it is still in the WIP stage, so I have no finished pictures, but I do have this one.

MAGNUM SRT8RPU 007.JPG

7 minutes ago, TarheelRick said:

It takes a bit of work, but I agree with MrMike.  I did one, it is still in the WIP stage, so I have no finished pictures, but I do have this one.

I did the P/E grille about 10 years ago along with a complete WIP.  Those pictures are long gone, but I still have the model and I took some new pictures of the front nose piece.  Carefully remove the grille backing with a knife or a Dremel at slow speed.  Once removed, cut your P/E to fit and paint it on both sides.  Using some C/A or Superglue, adhere the P/E to the nose piece and let it set for a while.  

Magnum01.JPG

Magnum02.JPG

10 hours ago, mrmike said:

Ben, may I suggest that you remove the backing from the grille and use some photoetch as a grille insert.  This helps the look substantially.

Was looking to do this as it does make the front look allot better was tempted to remove the Cross hairs and do a grille like the below one (Will need to add some plastic behind to create the depth) 

Waiting on the local hobby shop to be open to get some plastic sheets so can fab up the lip kit, so hopefully will have some progress in the coming days :)

Ben

magrill.jpg

Made some progress this morning opened up the grill and lower grill, looks so much better! will cut out behind the grill later once I have the mesh, Going to add some depth behind the grill so the cross hairs appear to be floating,

Will be making a visit to the hobbie shop soon to get some plastic to start making the lip / front splitter,

More updates to come later

Ben

IMG_20200108_091537.jpg

IMG_20200108_091549.jpg

Went down the hobbie shop and they are away untill the 16th :(

Made up a template out of some cardboard once get the evergreen will transfer and attach! Unsure if want to add a wing to the side of the front splitter and below the rear door .... Moles up a read lip but still not sure if should do it or not .... Time to ponder.... not sitting perfect but gives me a good idea about how it will look....

Ben

IMG_20200108_124630.jpg

IMG_20200108_124652.jpg

2020-01-08_12_57_33.jpg

IMG_20200108_124559.jpg

2020-01-08_12_58_37.jpg

Good idea following the suggestions of opening up the grille, will look heaps better with the mesh.

Unfortunate the hobby shop was closed, at least it will give you time to suss out ideas and prepare for when you get the supplies needed to get the build progressing again.

Lip kit will be the go for sure, as it will make it look as though it sitting lower.

Made some progress on the front lip, it's all painted up and mounted now

Still working on the side skirt lips, 50/50 still about a rear skirt, might do something like the front one and run it under the exhaust outlets....

Ben

IMG_20200115_130519.jpg

IMG_20200115_135345.jpg

IMG_20200115_135400.jpg

IMG_20200115_130545.jpg

Fabbed up the side skirts and got the first side mounted, not sticking out as far as I would have liked but helps to give a lower look :)

Waiting on the color for the body to arrive should be here in the coming days :) going to do some tests over different bases to see which one I like (orange / silver / black)

Will update when I get paint on!

Ben

IMG_20200115_151719.jpg

IMG_20200115_151742.jpg