Model Cars Magazine Forum

2020 Kit Development Update from Round 2

6 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

161107128_novadragcombo.jpg.792b6a0531217806e13400cd4ecb3a0c.jpg

Chris if that comes out, you can best believe that gouger's heads on eBay would EXPLODE!  :D 

I have a very clean builtup of that one-----I'd love to see it again as a new kit with that trailer and Funny Car! 

I can realistically imagine this , but with the 1965 Chevelle Wagon instead of the Chevy II Wagon .

On 1/31/2020 at 8:04 PM, Scott8950 said:

He said they are working on another muscle car but never said what.. Maybe it's 68 coronet but i guess we will have to wait and see..

Pro Street '69 GTX. 

There's pics of the new box art in the Nirenberg toy fair coverage from a couple days ago. 

3 hours ago, keyser said:

That's a 66 Nova wagon, new tool, not the 63. Cool idea. 

You're right ! Forest for its trees or some-such . I was , however , noticing the vehicles in the background of the box art : 1955-1957 Chevy and the Willy's Coupe  ---- both of which are still around .

On 2/2/2020 at 2:34 AM, MrObsessive said:

161107128_novadragcombo.jpg.792b6a0531217806e13400cd4ecb3a0c.jpg

Chris if that comes out, you can best believe that gouger's heads on eBay would EXPLODE!  :D 

I have a very clean builtup of that one-----I'd love to see it again as a new kit with that trailer and Funny Car! 

I may have esoteric tastes, but I'd buy one of these in a heartbeat. 

Ok, my eyes are playing tricks on me! At first glance I was thinking this was the '63 which I do have a very nice and clean builtup. Of course, it's the '66 Nova which would make this a very pleasant surprise indeed! Now............could it be that the wagon in question is the old '63 which was later modified ('65?) into the drag wagon and restored back??

Time will tell!

Seems like I stirred up a few hornets with that one - I 'shopped it with a shot of the original box and this image from the '66 Nova accessories brochure, since the artwork style was similar:

1966_Chevy_II_Accessories-06.jpg.5126d276621582b7bc2c266d82e4f2b2.jpg

(image via oldcarmanualproject.com) Took some tweaking to do, but I thought it came out decent except I forgot to reverse the wipers.

Note I also tweaked the MSRP code tango_face_grin.png.03f94f2a801cc9947b206aced209f579.png 

Edited by ChrisBcritter

1966_Chevy_II_Accessories-06.jpg

Aaah! I like that Chris! I'm hedging my bets that's what's in the works from Round 2. My reason for this is the basic "bones" are already there....just a matter of tooling up a new body and some interior bits and pieces. Ya think they could throw in a nice straight six for good measure?? :D

7 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

1966_Chevy_II_Accessories-06.jpg

Aaah! I like that Chris! I'm hedging my bets that's what's in the works from Round 2. My reason for this is the basic "bones" are already there....just a matter of tooling up a new body and some interior bits and pieces. Ya think they could throw in a nice straight six for good measure?? :D

That would be so nice!