Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is there something wrong with me? I love this

A friend of mine when I was in elementary school back in the 70s had a track similar to this that he got when his dad was stationed in Japan.  It was so much fun.  These guys have taken it to a whole new level and I am subscribed and look forward to every new video

Edited by jchrisf

The production values are extraordinary and it's hugely entertaining! I've been completely addicted to this since I found it about two months back - always looking forward to the next one. It's been a real comfort in these uncertain times.

As far as I know, it's pretty much just one guy doing all this, even the announcers' voices.

16 hours ago, espo said:

Looks like it could be a lot of fun. I'm still laughing from watching the racing. The sound effects, the two announcers, and the crashing. I can see how someone could get into this. 

Yeah, and how about that Diorama?  That thing is so cool.

15 hours ago, RancheroSteve said:

The production values are extraordinary and it's hugely entertaining! I've been completely addicted to this since I found it about two months back - always looking forward to the next one. It's been a real comfort in these uncertain times.

As far as I know, it's pretty much just one guy doing all this, even the announcers' voices.

Me too... I think one guy started it but there might be more involved now.. I don't know though.  There was a new one just posted

33 minutes ago, JohnU said:

Thanks for turning me on to this! This is Hot Wheels meets Pinewood Derby times 10! Can’t wait for more!

Yeah, and lucky for you they have a lot of old videos to watch only IMO, they are not as good until they built this new track.  I don't own Hot Wheels and don't want any but I love watching this.

I can’t believe my eyes...This is so cool.The track,the cars.The scenery,everything.They stay on the track by gravity???I want that track.I wonder how long it took to build it.Just incredible.?????I’ll be watching a lot more of this racing.

On 6/8/2020 at 3:59 PM, jchrisf said:

A friend of mine when I was in elementary school back in the 70s had a track similar to this that he got when his dad was stationed in Japan.  It was so much fun.  These guys have taken it to a whole new level and I am subscribed and look forward to every new video

You're now going to have to create an addiction service for everyone now. 

There was a Toys R Us in Jacksonville that for one winter had a huge hot wheels track. The manager built a 4ft tall platform and on it, built a huge gravity race track for Hot Wheels in a 35'x25' area. He created a racing league and they'd race evenings and weekends. Absolutely free. Parents and kids got kinda crazy trying to find the perfect car for racing. Metal chassis was a must have. It was fun to watch. I brought my sons and their cars a few times. 

Then one day it was all just gone. Rumor was that corporate found out and nixed it because of the loss of sales square footage and because it was done with sellable product. I never saw that manager again.

1 hour ago, espo said:

You're now going to have to create an addiction service for everyone now. 

LOL

24 minutes ago, Jantrix said:

There was a Toys R Us in Jacksonville that for one winter had a huge hot wheels track. The manager built a 4ft tall platform and on it, built a huge gravity race track for Hot Wheels in a 35'x25' area. He created a racing league and they'd race evenings and weekends. Absolutely free. Parents and kids got kinda crazy trying to find the perfect car for racing. Metal chassis was a must have. It was fun to watch. I brought my sons and their cars a few times. 

Then one day it was all just gone. Rumor was that corporate found out and nixed it because of the loss of sales square footage and because it was done with sellable product. I never saw that manager again.

That's really cool and then too bad.  He probably made more sales getting people excited to come in and shop.

16 hours ago, Hotrod 97 said:

Well, add watching Hot Wheels races like I do full-scale races to my list of pastime activities ? Thank you for sharing this!

4 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

I'm for sure now hooked. I love it. 

4 hours ago, espo said:

This is now popping up every time I go on YouTube. I watched the Trucks race and then the finals in the Rally Cars and that jump on the end is beyond funny to watch. 

2 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

I can’t believe my eyes...This is so cool.The track,the cars.The scenery,everything.They stay on the track by gravity???I want that track.I wonder how long it took to build it.Just incredible.?????I’ll be watching a lot more of this racing.

Yeah, its great.. and all gravity.  Sometimes it is like the car has a driver and switches lanes for the pass.

1 hour ago, jchrisf said:

LOL

That's really cool and then too bad.  He probably made more sales getting people excited to come in and shop.

I'd bet you are right. The Hot Wheels section was always nearly empty, except for the larger vehicles.  I'm sure it would come as no surprise to any of us, but the reissues of Twin MIll were always among the fastest cars. The track itself It wasn't pretty, it was built using a lot of scaffolding and double faced tape, but it was well enough thought out and assembled, that most of the low center of gravity cars could make it through a full run. Only a few of the boosters were used. The technician in me, was impressed and the 8 year old in me, was in Hot Wheels heaven.

Edited by Jantrix

I am also hooked on these... great concept, excellent execution, and honestly some of the most entertaining videos I've seen... I joined their facebook group, and rumors are that 2D and 3D are the same person with a voice filter, which makes this all even more impressive to me.    Also #RIPMCLYDE