Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '62 Chevy Impala SS Convertible

BlackSheep214

I bought this kit well over 20 years prior to getting married. My original plan was to paint it a Pearly white. Fast forward 20 plus years later, the paint job was meh... I didn't care for it. So... the body got treated with an Easy Off paint stripping bath, primed and repainted again. Then a road block happened. I was missing the rear tail light deack. Thankfully a member in a another forum I frequent in offered me a replacement part but first he wanted to mold another for his kit. Enough talk about her, it's now time to reveal her to the masses after 20 plus years of sitting in the box unfinished.

A side note... check out the steering wheel color scheme. I stumbled across that when I was looking at interior shots of the real '62 Impala SS. I love finding these little Easter egg type details no one catches notice of. I think this makes the whole interior pop and stand out.

DSCN1819.JPG

DSCN1824.JPG

DSCN1820.JPG

DSCN1823.JPG

DSCN1821.JPG

DSCN1822.JPG

Edited by BlackSheep214

FYI.... I didn’t use the tires that came with the kit. I opted to use different tires from my tires stash. The rims were hand painted using the chrome pumped out of the  Molotow Chrome Pen. Once they were done, I let them cure in a span of two weeks untouched until I was ready to install them on the tires.

14 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

FYI.... I didn’t use the tires that came with the kit. I opted to use different tires from my tires stash. The rims were hand painted using the chrome pumped out of the  Molotow Chrome Pen. Once they were done, I let them cure in a span of two weeks untouched until I was ready to install them on the tires.

ah, ok. The 1989 release of the 64 Impala by AMT comes with a set of wheels that look exactly like those. 

• 2 weeks later...