Model Cars Magazine Forum

My First Dio

kilrathy10

I finally got around to building a rudimentary diorama... Not much by way of equipment on the inside, but I made a tile floor and built the building out of scrap pieces of cabinet wood I had around.... I added some lighting, as well... I've got a few more things I'd like to add, but this is the gist of it all.... I, definitely, will add some figures here and there, soon....Thanks for looking....

####################.jpg

####################20210118_202202.jpg

####################20210118_203331.jpg

####################20210118_202353.jpg

####################20210118_183335.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 11:21 AM, Michael F said:

wow, very nice dio! What scale is it? And where does the red widebody Hellcat came from?

Thanks, Buddy... The dio is all 1/24 scale, and the Hellcat is a Motormax issue... Got them at Walmart in 2019... They can still be had at diecastmodelswholesale.com

On 1/27/2021 at 8:52 PM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Looks great JT!! Are those orange tile I see in that shop??

Thank you, Man... Yep... I masked and painted a piece of styrene plastic and Gorilla Glued it to the floor... 😁

#############################20210104_221953.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 1/18/2021 at 7:37 PM, kilrathy10 said:

I finally got around to building a rudimentary diorama... Not much by way of equipment on the inside, but I made a tile floor and built the building out of scrap pieces of cabinet wood I had around.... I added some lighting, as well... I've got a few more things I'd like to add, but this is the gist of it all.... I, definitely, will add some figures here and there, soon....Thanks for looking....

####################.jpg

####################20210118_202202.jpg

####################20210118_203331.jpg

####################20210118_202353.jpg

####################20210118_183335.jpg

That Ram Club Cab, did you stretch the truck to a Club Cab? Or were you able to buy it somewhere? If you stretched it, great job. It looks like you bought it somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2022 at 11:32 PM, Saltie Olds said:

That Ram Club Cab, did you stretch the truck to a Club Cab? Or were you able to buy it somewhere? If you stretched it, great job. It looks like you bought it somewhere.

It's a repainted die cast... There are way more 1/24 scale offerings in modern cars and trucks than in plastic... It's true 1/24 scale, too... It was the Muhammed Ali Action/Brookfield Collectors Guild Nascar show truck model.... Bill Elliot.... Way more for your money... Got tired of base model snappers with no mirrors that cost way more than they're worth... Trust me... Repainting this thing was WAY harder than building up one of those 1/25 scale AMT Dodge models... And looks so much better... 

42 minutes ago, kilrathy10 said:

It's a repainted die cast... There are way more 1/24 scale offerings in modern cars and trucks than in plastic... It's true 1/24 scale, too... It was the Muhammed Ali Action/Brookfield Collectors Guild Nascar show truck model.... Bill Elliot.... Way more for your money... Got tired of base model snappers with no mirrors that cost way more than they're worth... Trust me... Repainting this thing was WAY harder than building up one of those 1/25 scale AMT Dodge models... And looks so much better... 

Wow. That’s Awesome. I’ll start keeping an eye out for that truck. Thank You.

• 3 months later...