Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO 2021 - Kenworth L-924 Logger (Dan's Model)

• 1 month later...

Love this, and the water tank is a very cool addition, a thing that was regularly seen here in British Columbia on our trucks, also don't forget the "wig-wag' in the cab for the brakes ( LOL ) awesome job on this build.... I love this

Jeff

2 hours ago, Biggu said:

Love this, and the water tank is a very cool addition, a thing that was regularly seen here in British Columbia on our trucks, also don't forget the "wig-wag' in the cab for the brakes ( LOL ) awesome job on this build.... I love this

Jeff

What do you mean with "wig-wag"? Is this the tube next to the driver seat?

On 4/9/2021 at 10:59 AM, carsntrucks4you said:

No, it is an old school Low Air warning device that is usually mounted to the top of the cab in front of the driver to show he has low air...

440px-Wigwag.jpg

fig5-5.gif

On 4/9/2021 at 7:59 PM, carsntrucks4you said:

The tubes and valves next  to the drivers seat is the controls for the brake water cooling system used on many logging trucks back in the day, a tank with water pressurised with air feeding water to cool the brake drums on the truck and trailer when needed.

Edited by Force

10 hours ago, carsntrucks4you said:

Here my interpretation of a Wig-Wag in 1/25

WIG-WAG.jpg

THAT is EXCELLENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Top Drawer !!  These were only usually found in the older trucks, they kind of went out in the 1970's when new regulations came into effect ( here in British Columbia ) with having to have the two low air warnings, being a light and a buzzer, but I always thought they were cool...the idea of the Wig Wag is that if you had low air it would drop down in front of the driver and wag back and forth to get his attention , it was full air pressure that kept it up in the stowed position. So if the truck sat for any length of time or the driver drained the air tanks the wig wag would drop...... would love to have one in my collection, if I can ever find one... NICE job and an excellent detail to add to your awesome build !

Jeff

Edited by Biggu

• 2 weeks later...

I had started weather the frame next will be hood and cab. A wethered truck needs a diorama. I found some pictures in the web were log trailers were loaded or unloade on log truck. 
This is a DIY log Trailer Loader made out of wood. I think I have to redue the height of the crane a bit.

Logger_diorama_3.jpg

Logger_diorama_2.jpg

Logger_diorama_1.jpg

Edited by carsntrucks4you

• 3 weeks later...