Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Bronco Half Cab Sandman II

• 2 weeks later...

these are starting to show up in europe now. i found a place that had it that was willing to ship to the usa. shipping was quite expensive, but honestly the buggy has been my unicorn kit for so long, it was worth it to me.  

i think it should arrive sometime next week, maybe the week after. i just hope it doesnt get caught up in customs forever. last time i ordered something overseas it took 2 weeks in customs. 

Eventually, i suspect i will buy 4 or 5 of them total. maybe make a buggy racetrack :)

Actually, i had one package that i ordered over seas last year that took 6 weeks because i didnt verify they were using air shipment, and it was shipped in the slowest boat available to man. i think it might have been a rowboat. 

Edited by youpey

I got the shipping notification for the bronco last night for my shipment from england. it says the following:

estimated pickup: 3/6/2021

estimated delivery: 8/6/2021

i was like, why are they filling in such ridiculous time estimates. 5 months to ship...then i was like, wait, shipping in march???

this morning it hit me.... its england, they flip the month and day. man i felt so dumb.

i told my wife and as i was telling her the story, she stopped me and said they flip the month and day. she knew it right away

Edited by youpey

24 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

Looks nice! Hopefully we will have it here on the shelves before too long. Are the Dune Buggy tires still plastic, same as the trailer?

yeah, its looks like they are plastic.  I didnt open the bags yet. we have to leave for the airport soon, and i dont want to mess with it until i have enough time to review it closely. however, the buggy wheels are plastic. i think the trailer is too

Edited by youpey

1 hour ago, Rob Hall said:

The trailer wheels and tires look like the ones used on some Revell 1/32nd Snap Tite kits in the late 70s..

Looks like the wheel and tires are plastic molded together, so finding acceptable substitutes might be a bit of a challenge.

33 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

Looks like the wheel and tires are plastic molded together, so finding acceptable substitutes might be a bit of a challenge.

I think that is the case for the Sandman wheels and tires (two piece tires w/ wheel molded in the outer half)... but the trailer wheels and tires, the smaller ones in the photo---are separate, the wheel pushes through the tire which has an opening.   Definitely late 70s Revell style..

Edited by Rob Hall
  • Like 1

My plans changed and im home tonight, unexpectedly. good news is, i can look at this closely now. Here is a close up of the buggy and trailer pieces. There was only these 3 sprues in the bag. I think everything for the buggy and trailer,  but i didn't check the instructions yet

16228538865557931153080362740744.jpg

16228539102612824752169555759241.jpg

16228539260601723181254044110490.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 1:39 PM, youpey said:

I got the shipping notification for the bronco last night for my shipment from england. it says the following:

estimated pickup: 3/6/2021

estimated delivery: 8/6/2021

i was like, why are they filling in such ridiculous time estimates. 5 months to ship...then i was like, wait, shipping in march???

this morning it hit me.... its england, they flip the month and day. man i felt so dumb.

i told my wife and as i was telling her the story, she stopped me and said they flip the month and day. she knew it right away

only america (maybe canada too) put the month first

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for the video. i am working on the bronco now. it is great so far. i have the engine built and primer and it has been a dream so far. it doesnt feel like a revell kit, its going together so smooth. i also think i finally got the right orange to be close to the box colors. i will probably test it today. im not used to working on 5 different kits at once, but it keeps me busy everyday this way...although i had the idea of doing the truck yellow

Edited by youpey

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...