Model Cars Magazine Forum

3 in 1 x 2

Joe Thomas

When you were a kid, after buying a 3 in 1 kit, you had to decide which version to make or maybe a combo of all three.  Since AMT has been reissuing old kits, I was finally able to make all three versions.
Left to right for both kits is stock, custom, and race.  The El-Camino with the white camper and the stock wagon are  original issues I built in 1965. Still have the old instruction sheets and some of the extra parts.  These had screws  holding the chassis to the body.  Testors discontinued the turquoise spray paint so I had to shoot the drag wagon in light blue.  The drag version of the El-C had an extra front suspension spacer to make it look like a gasser.

I just ordered two 3 in 1 AMT 1953 Ford pickups,  one for stock, a tribute truck to Tim Allen's characters truck in Last Man Standing, the other, full custom.

20210315_171856.jpg

20210315_173030.jpg

20210315_172550.jpg

20210315_172716.jpg

Edited by Joe Thomas

Sure wish Round 2 would reissue some of the 3-n-1 kits with the original 3-n-1 parts, especially some of the styline kits.  I have a couple of the 61 Ford Galaxies, but would love to see the 57 T-Bird, 57 Chevy, and a couple of the others.  Some of those "customs" were truly unbelievable, but were a fun challenge to build.