Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1966 Chevy Fleetside 1/25.

I finished the tow vehicle for my boat and trailer today. The color is a custom mix of Decoart Extreme Sheen Garnet and Delta Ceramcoat Black Pearl, and the cab/roof in Black Pearl. I used Pledge Floor Gloss for the clear. For the interior, I painted the dash body color, the floorboards in Apple Barrel Pavement, and the door panels and seat in Delta Ceramcoat Sand Dune. The dash detail is mostly kit decals as is the seat cover. The wood grain on the bed is also decals, but I did paint the bottom of the bed as seen in the chassis pic. This is pretty much an out of the box build, but I did add wider parts box tires, the poverty caps from the Revell '66 Suburban kit (They were a bit more detailed), the C-10 emblem decalsย ย (also from the Suburban kit), valve stems, plug wires, and heater hoses. This was a really nice kit, and I really enjoyed the build, especially pairing it with the boat and trailer. The bed lining up with the cab was the only issue I had, but fortunately it was a pretty easy fix, and I'm very happy with the results. Thanks for looking!!

DSCN6332.JPG

DSCN6335.JPG

DSCN6336.JPG

DSCN6338.JPG

DSCN6342.JPG

DSCN6344.JPG

DSCN6347.JPG

DSCN6351.JPG

DSCN6355.JPG

DSCN6357.JPG

DSCN6302.JPG

DSCN6361.JPG

DSCN6388.JPG

DSCN6392.JPG

Nice looking.ย  I use the ceramcoat paints and I've been using Tamiya clear and it doesn't put much of a shine on the paint.ย  I'll try the Pledge Floor Gloss next time.ย  Are you airbrushing it and if so how are you thinning it?

DSC01765.JPG.1951c4eb9051cf06c3ee89f955bf7fed.jpg

50 minutes ago, Zippi said:

Nice looking.ย  I use the ceramcoat paints and I've been using Tamiya clear and it doesn't put much of a shine on the paint.ย  I'll try the Pledge Floor Gloss next time.ย  Are you airbrushing it and if so how are you thinning it?

DSC01765.JPG.1951c4eb9051cf06c3ee89f955bf7fed.jpg

Thanks! I've both brushed it on and airbrushed it, but mostly airbrush it on. It's almost like water so it doesn't need thinning, you just have to experiment with the air pressure. I use a Paasche H at about 15-18 psi to keep it from going on too heavy.

10 hours ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Thanks! I've both brushed it on and airbrushed it, but mostly airbrush it on. It's almost like water so it doesn't need thinning, you just have to experiment with the air pressure. I use a Paasche H at about 15-18 psi to keep it from going on too heavy.

Craig,

I also use a Passche H. andย spray the ceramcoat paint at 20 psi.ย  I'll give theย Pledgeย a shot next time.ย ย 

5 hours ago, Zippi said:

Craig,

I also use a Passche H. andย spray the ceramcoat paint at 20 psi.ย  I'll give theย Pledgeย a shot next time.ย ย 

I used to thin my craft paints with plain blue automotive windshield washer fluid, but I was recently steered toward a new thinner. It's a poor man's variation of Tamiya X-20A. It is 3 parts distilled water, 1 part 91% Isopropyl alcohol, and 5-7 drops of glycerin as a flow improver, probably a little more for a bigger batch. I really like this thinner mixture since I started using it. I usually spray the paints at 20-22 psi as well, but the Pledge is so thin 15 psi is all it takes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...