Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 65 Mustang Funny Car Complete

Fifer

11 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

What a cool, old-school retrostalgic build! I hope you had as much fun with it as it looks like. Model on! B)

I did Rich and I remember these altered wheelbase cars back then.

Mike

22 minutes ago, Zippi said:

Nice looking fastback.  That blue just pops.  Great job.

Thanks Bob. I painted the body about 2 years ago with Craft paint and was not into the color but once the decals were on , I agree it popped.

Thanks , Mike

1 hour ago, Dave Armstrong said:

That looks great- well done!

BTW, I've been great friends for decades with your cousin, John (Jeff) Fifer here in Tucson. Just talked with him about an hour ago.

That is cool , Who Knew !!!

1 hour ago, echo said:

Nice details and subtle weathering. Excellent build of a classic drag kit. These old AMT AWB kits have a lot of possibilities.  Your out of the box build came out well !

Thanks Ed, we do what we must. I do not do a lot of customizing.

Mike

Great execution Mike! (From one of AMT’s worst all-time kits IMO). I particularly like the work you did to make the very crude kit supplied SOHC look realistic and the hand painted safety harness and dash and steering wheel details in the interior. 

21 minutes ago, papajohn97 said:

Great execution Mike! (From one of AMT’s worst all-time kits IMO). I particularly like the work you did to make the very crude kit supplied SOHC look realistic and the hand painted safety harness and dash and steering wheel details in the interior. 

Thanks so much for noticing it all. One that does not show up is the dip stick and tire valves.

Mike