Model Cars Magazine Forum

*Hoosier Drag Slicks & Front Tires*

I have the Revell 1956 pickup (Foose) kit minus the wheels and tires.  I used them on my 1960 Chevy pickup build.  I'm thinking about building it as a Gasser.  I've been looking for a set of 4 Hoosier drag slicks and matching front wheels (1/25) and tires but can't seem to come up with anything.  Need a little help fellows.

Edited by Zippi

8 hours ago, Zippi said:

I have the Revell 1956 pickup (Foose) kit minus the wheels and tires.  I used them on my 1960 Chevy pickup build.  I'm thinking about building it as a Gasser.  I've been looking for a set of 4 Hoosier drag slicks and matching front wheels (1/25) and tires but can't seem to come up with anything.  Need a little help fellows.

You might try sanding the lettering from a set that's the right size, and apply decals for the lettering. Joseph, at Fireball likely has some. If so, I can guarantee you that will work, beautifully!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

You might try sanding the lettering from a set that's the right size, and apply decals for the lettering. Joseph, at Fireball likely has some. If so, I can guarantee you that will work, beautifully!

Thats a good idea Daniel and there are a number of aftermarket vendors for slicks. Unless I missed it, I don't see any slicks on the Fireball site but Ted's Modeling is a good source for slicks from a few different suppliers.

6 hours ago, R. Thorne said:

By the way, if you’re building a “period correct” gasser, Hoosiers weren’t around back then.  Think M&H Racemasters, Caslers, Bucron, or possibly Goodyear’s.

That is certainly true!

6 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Thats a good idea Daniel and there are a number of aftermarket vendors for slicks. Unless I missed it, I don't see any slicks on the Fireball site but Ted's Modeling is a good source for slicks from a few different suppliers.

I haven't seen slicks on Fireball's site, but his tire decals are fantastic!

On 7/29/2021 at 10:28 PM, R. Thorne said:

By the way, if you’re building a “period correct” gasser, Hoosiers weren’t around back then.  Think M&H Racemasters, Caslers, Bucron, or possibly Goodyear’s.

Yes, Hoosier was there back then,

https://www.hoosiertire.com/history/

Take note of the photo showing a pie crust slick!!

I guess I shouldn’t have said they weren’t around back then.  They may have been in business (probably in the “roundy round” field).   They certainly were not used on any gassers, stockers, a/fx, funny cars, super stockers, etc., (pie crust or not) in the sixties and probably seventies rarely.  I doubt you can show me any pictures of Hoosiers on those cars in that time frame.

11 hours ago, R. Thorne said:

I guess I shouldn’t have said they weren’t around back then.  They may have been in business (probably in the “roundy round” field).   They certainly were not used on any gassers, stockers, a/fx, funny cars, super stockers, etc., (pie crust or not) in the sixties and probably seventies rarely.  I doubt you can show me any pictures of Hoosiers on those cars in that time frame.

Not here to argue the point with you, and no I can not show a picture, so, are you saying that Hoosier made pie crust slicks just for the hell of it? I doubt that... So show me pictures of ALL the drag cars you mention from the time period, just like me I doubt you can, so that just proves neither point. Good day.

Geez.  My original reply specified “period correct”.  I am well aware of SEGA and other organizations that have “modern “ gassers.  He responded he didn’t care about being “period correct”.  Great.  Some do.  My original comments remain historically true, as others have also stated.  I am done.