Model Cars Magazine Forum

Salvinos JR Current Gen Cars

Fabrux

• Fabrux changed the title to Salvinos JR Current Gen Cars
9 hours ago, Jim B said:

Now, if we could just get some modern Indy cars, that would be great, but I don't see that hapening.

I would love a modern Indy car or modern F1 kit.  I think Indycar is picking up a lot of fans who have become disillusioned with Nascar.  More IMSA prototypes on the order of Tamiya's Toyota T050 would be cool as well.

So, hypothetically speaking & I realize no one has actually seen the kits yet; but how difficult do you think it would be to adapt a Mustang or Charger body to these race chassis?  To be completely accurate, you'd need to swap the engine as well; but it's an interesting thought experiment.

24 minutes ago, Jim B said:

So, hypothetically speaking & I realize no one has actually seen the kits yet; but how difficult do you think it would be to adapt a Mustang or Charger body to these race chassis?  To be completely accurate, you'd need to swap the engine as well; but it's an interesting thought experiment.

Mustang or Camry...there hasn't been a Charger in NASCAR in 10 years when next season starts...should be adaptable from the resin bodies that were created to fit the last Revell SS/Fusion kits. Salvinos is keeping with the tradition of the kits being in 1/24, not sure what the wheelbase differences are between the SS and Camaro chassis, that would be the biggest issue, since you can always trim to add material to get it to fit front/rear.

If Jim & Rick are really going to make EVERY Petty car ever driven, they've said that is a goal, they'll need a Ford license some day to make the Torino. Amortized across a 2021 Mustang, Gen 6 Mustang, and the older Monogram Thunderbirds they have the tooling to...you'd think it would be affordable in the long run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, niteowl7710 said:

Mustang or Camry...there hasn't been a Charger in NASCAR in 10 years when next season starts...should be adaptable from the resin bodies that were created to fit the last Revell SS/Fusion kits. Salvinos is keeping with the tradition of the kits being in 1/24, not sure what the wheelbase differences are between the SS and Camaro chassis, that would be the biggest issue, since you can always trim to add material to get it to fit front/rear.

If Jim & Rick are really going to make EVERY Petty car ever driven, they've said that is a goal, they'll need a Ford license some day to make the Torino. Amortized across a 2021 Mustang, Gen 6 Mustang, and the older Monogram Thunderbirds they have the tooling to...you'd think it would be affordable in the long run.

Yes, the Mustang & Camry are raced in NASCAR, but I was thinking, again hypothetically, if Dodge were to enter NASCAR again, they would probably race the Charger or Challenger.

It would be nice if Salvinos could get the Ford licensing.

Current 2021 chassis is the same across makes. SO add FORD engine and body and you have a correct 2021 Mustang..IF...IF you get the OK from Ford.....which often they grant very cheap or free.  A number of racing Ford kits that Revell Monogram did were licensed for free or even part paid by from FORD.....wanting to get product in front of consumers. 

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

SO.....is the promised 2021 Camaro NASCAR Cup car NOT going to be done???? When I spoke out that it seemed odd to kit a car that would be obsolete by the time it hit shelves....I took a real beating as being negative........😶

The 2021 would make no sense, as the 2021 season is almost over and a new car is coming for 2022. 

39 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

The 2021 would make no sense, as the 2021 season is almost over and a new car is coming for 2022. 

EXACTLY what I said back when the 2021 version was announced.....yet I got beat up for that opinion, and doubted the 2021 would happen.....looks like it will not!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Fabrux said:

The Gen 6 car is pretty much off the table from SJR for the foreseeable future.

It was said they will only do the Gen 6 cars if they can get the tooling from Revell

Where are those CAD drawings posted?, in the Salvino's Group page ?

On 10/30/2021 at 8:18 AM, Rob Hall said:

Except we've been getting models like this in the past and they sold just fine. I have no problem with this because building these represents a piece of history but maybe business decisions and modelers have changed their thoughts?